Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by vellnueve View Post
    Sure. They don't work.
    CMCs work fine in some guns in some applications, or at least that's been my direct experience. Over the years I have launched thousands of jam free .45 ACP FMJ rounds with them and killed countless bowling pins.

The CMC 7 round Officer's mod mags I had, also worked superbly with a bunch of different types of ammo.

I will say this though... they WILL punish you if they get dirty enough, but since the 1911 is generally that sensitive, this sort of goes without saying.

There are lots of people who had problems with them though, so I don't know if it's just
    bad runs, poor QC, or gun problems/incompatibility. Or all of the above... who knows.

-Mike

I have 8 Chip M mags two 10rds the others are 8rds. All of them work flawlessly in both my 2009 S&W 1911 and my 1973 Colt Model 70. I've never had a mag related failure with either gun. CM mag's are all I'd ever buy unless they ever give me a reason to change. I think some guns like some mags better than others. Close inspection of my CM mags reveals a well made product. The stainless is good heavy gauge and the springs are great. I keep two of the mags loaded all the time. Going on three years loaded and both still work like new even with having their springs compressed for well over two years.
    ...That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government... ...it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

Banned

After M1911 recommending them somewhere here, I bought some ETM's a few months ago, and will never buy another mag for my 1911 again. Awesome magazines.

I like the factory S&W mags in my 1911. I have 8 of them. Also two Wilson 8 round mags, they work fine also.
    Licensed Journeyman.

Who makes the factory S&W these days?

Quote Originally Posted by Smash05 View Post
    Who makes the factory S&W these days?
    Recently they were Wilson 47Ds, more or less, but I've seen ACT/Novaks as well. The ones that came with my Dad's E-series look like some kind of Wilson mag.

-Mike

Bought my SW1911 in 2005 Wilson 47D.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123