Default Mounting a scope on an AR

I recently bought a Burris MTAC 1-4x24mm scope and was wondering your opinion on what you guys/ girls do. I am curious who would mount it with irons as backup? Who would take them off or who would get a 45 degree mount and put them off the side so you would have an instant backup. I hate to take the irons off all together after spending so much on them (Troy folding, tritium sights) and I don't like the idea of not having them as a backup. At the moment I am just going to use Burris rings till I can afford a LaRue mount. So what do you think?

*Disclaimer* I did do a search but there was so many results I really didn't want to take hours to go through them, but flame me if you must. Lol

the simple answer is to have one AR with a scope and another with your Troy sights
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    NRA Firearms Instructor

Check out ItsTime2A you can thank me later

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. - George Washington

I run troy BUIS with a scope. Mounted on a LaRue quick release mount. Buy once, cry once. Once you own it you'll wonder why anyone would use anything else.

I also just realized I didn't put any specs for the gun. It is just. 16" Bushmaster upper, with Troy 11" TRX Extreme rail, Spikes lower, with a Timney 3lb. Trigger and Ace skeleton stock. It is not for long range shooting with irons, I have a 20" for that. It's just a range toy/ zombie gun/ defense gun if need be. I also have a Remington 700 in .223 for longer scope work in that caliber. I have had a LaRue mount before and don't have a problem spending the money but scope mount aside the set up will be the same no matter what the scope is mounted in.

I use a Burris Pepr to mount my Leupold VXR. So far its been great.

Where'd you find your Timney SS 3lb? Most places seem to be out of them.

The sights fold, so just fold them down.

The PEPR mount will hold you over until you can get a LaRue.