Default A Savage Kind of Day

I was able to pick up a Savage M1907 to pair with my 1917. I passed on one last week-end at a gun show but it was in only fair condition. This one is much nicer with most of the bluing and a really nice original magazine so I am glad I waited. The serial number is in the 87,000 range so I think it is fairly early but am not sure. I had to sell off my duplicate M1917 to cover the cost of this one, but I am happy with the trade off as now I have one of each. Still looking for the 1915 and the 380. Thanks for looking.

Attachment 28862Attachment 28863Attachment 28864Attachment 28865Attachment 28866Attachment 28867Attachment 28868

Those are kinda cool looking...and not at all like the Savage Enfield that I was expecting to see when I clicked on it!
    Member GOAL & NRA
    NRA Highpower Rifle Expert

Nice pickup - and fun to shoot.

Have you been to EddieCoyle's Savage website? Probably have, but I'll post anyway:

http://vintagepistols.com/1907/index.html

Of the 6 primary variations (1907 in .32ACP and .380, 1915 in .32ACP and .380, and 1917 in .32ACP and .380) I have 4, and hope to pick up #5 soon. Neat sub-collection!

Also - If you don't have THE book yet, get it:

http://www.amazon.com/Savage-Pistols...3281137&sr=8-1

You can find these for very cheap if you look around. Fantastic reference book on Savage pistols.

"It's so adorable that you're looking for this shit to make sense. You're such a special little snowflake." Jasons to Dench

"I love a good gun, for it makes a man feel independent, and prepared either for war or peace." - Davy Crockett, 1834.

"When asked in 1998 how he had become such a good shot, he answered, "Practice." When asked if he regretted killing so many people, he said "I did what I was told to as well as I could." - Finnish Sniper Simo Hayha

I wasn't expecting to see a pistol, either, or a LE rifle, for that matter. I thought you were referring to cold temperatures (19degF @ 5:30am) and our range session planned for this morning. Savage, brutal, downright cold!

See you in a couple hours. If you show me your Savage, I'll show you mine!

Thanks for the comments. I really like these pistols. Eddie Coyle's website is excellent, I have been referencing it over the past few months and I learn more about these pistols. I just put the book on my wishlist. I have the two most common variations, I will look out for the others although I just missed a trials pistol on GB.... LOL... yeah right. I think it went for over $14,000 so that one is not on my list. But maybe a 380, a 1915 hammerless or if I am really lucky the little 25.

I also found out the pistol was made in 1913. It is almost 100 years old. Martin... I am looking forward to seeing the Savage you have and I remembered the field gauge. See you then...