Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default NLRG pin shoot 2012 schedule

hope to see some of you guys down there! the schedule is attached in a word document format but just in case:

NORTH LEOMINSTER ROD & GUN CLUB
    LUNENBURG, MA

SUNDAY MORNINGS AT 10:00 A.M.

SHOOTING DATES:

MAY 06, JUNE 03, JULY 01
    AUG 05, SEPT 02, OCT 07, (NOV 04-?)

$8.00 per match taken at the start of the match

BOWLING PIN SHOOT 2012.doc
    stout: these dark, rich beers are called such because after drinking a dozen of them you will feel stout enough to wrestle all four of the cops by yourself.

proud member: lady liberty eskimo brothers crew - mai tai and squid-vomiting champion, 2013 - immer rein und raus - team "protect the children" - team "CORNELL SUCKS". team damaging personal insults absorbed.

DJ "goathammer wubstep jam remixed by nero and skrillex (bassnectar mix)"

No april shoot? Oh well, leaves me time to make more .45.....

-Mike

we have a lot of work to do on the range, we got a nifty idea for a pit kind of thing we can set up. should be cool when we're done. we also had to get a new tractor at the club so we're a little behind on work that needed to be done (weaksauce).
    stout: these dark, rich beers are called such because after drinking a dozen of them you will feel stout enough to wrestle all four of the cops by yourself.

proud member: lady liberty eskimo brothers crew - mai tai and squid-vomiting champion, 2013 - immer rein und raus - team "protect the children" - team "CORNELL SUCKS". team damaging personal insults absorbed.

i was actually informed that our new tractor is too damn big to use on the range so in the near future we'll need some guys to come and help us with the range, we'd really appreciate it. post up in here or PM me if you're interested and i will keep you in the loop.

How do you guys shoot the pins? Is it the traditional style where the pins are at the front of the table and they have to be knocked back a few feet off the back edge of the table ? Or are they placed at the back edge and only need to be knocked over to fall off the table?

Thanks,
    -Cuz.

pins are in the center of the table and the table must be cleared to end the match. 9mm and up, our pins aren't in the greatest of shape, we don't have a lot so we use the hell out of them so a .45 as a minimum is good rule of thumb.

Yup... definitely not wuss mode, although at NLRG a 9mm is slightly useable, which is a surprise. I think the downward pitch helps, too. You guys don't recycle as much as winchendon and athol used to back in the day. They had pins which probably had a box of 45 in them apiece, but they basically kept using them as long as they stood. Over there we even used to shoot at pins that had like the back blown out of it. As long as it stood up on the table it got shot. One time up at Athol I had a 6 pin run where it took me like 20 rounds to clear the table because of all the dead wood.

Course we had a way of stopping some of that practice... the guys with the .44 mags would come out and put the bad pins out of their misery.

sweet i will swing by to check this out.

heh, the bowling pin chair is my old cub scout leader

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisg67 View Post
    sweet i will swing by to check this out.
    Sweeet!!! See ya there!!

guys, we might be doing some work tomorrow on the range--i need to hear back from the pin chair but i asked them if they could come down and help with the new setup of the range that dave designed. i think you guys will really like it. PM me if you're interested as i don't think i have either of your numbers.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast