Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Neverknowsbest View Post
    Just a heads up I have been in touch with Jeff Pine. Still no word from the police department. We will see what happend on 4/12.
    Sent you a PM.

Keep us posted since I am interested in this case as I know how difficult the Chief in Bristol is. Although the Chief hasn't had your application as long as most Chiefs take to process the application yet, my guess is that the Chief is in no hurry to process the application. I have heard of applicants in Providence waiting over a year for the application to be processed, and the PPD rarely returns phone calls when asked about the application. I don't think the courts would say that the applicant was given due process in these cases.. One person said the PPD called him and said they could not find the application..
    Although neither RIGL 11-47-11 and 11-47-18 specifies how long the licensing authority have to process an application it's unreasonable that it should take more than 3-4 months. Maybe it's a question for Pine to what he thinks the courts would consider a "reasonable" time to process an application, and there might be existing case law on this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by newportri View Post
    Although neither RIGL 11-47-11 and 11-47-18 specifies how long the licensing authority have to process an application it's unreasonable that it should take more than 3-4 months. Maybe it's a question for Pine to what he thinks the courts would consider a "reasonable" time to process an application, and there might be existing case law on this issue.
    I would be interested in that specific answer too :)

We shall see. But my paperwork says you will know in 45 days (specifically). No more no less. I agree that is a short period of time, but they said it not me and im going to do everything in my power to hold them to that time frame.

So i don't wind up in the same boat as the other people stuck in LTC limbo
    Last edited by Neverknowsbest; 04-05-2012 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neverknowsbest View Post
    I am a resident of Bristol RI and i have applied through the town for my CCW. It has been almost a month and i have not heard anything from the department. I plan on calling on monday to check on my satatus, I was wondering if anyone here could refer me to a good lawyer if i do not recive a posotive outcome. It may not come to that but i would rather be prepared and informed ahead of time if it does.

easy it has not been that long its only going to get longer and longer and longer good luck

If the Chief doesn't respond, you can contact the City Manager, that's who was contacted when a process was developed last year when the Chief didn't respond.

Well good luck to ya! and keep us posted. I'd be interested in what their interview process is like, since i'll have to submit a renewal app. in another month or so. I may just stick with the AG's office. IMO They've been pretty reasonable to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by RI_Shoota View Post
    Well good luck to ya! and keep us posted. I'd be interested in what their interview process is like, since i'll have to submit a renewal app. in another month or so. I may just stick with the AG's office. IMO They've been pretty reasonable to deal with.
    A friend of mine had an interview with them, and the interview was pretty straight forward. They came up with some different scenarios and what he would do in them. They even told him the interview went well and that his answers were good. He was still denied since the Chief said he didn't meet the department's policy/requirements. However, when questioned what the policy was and what criteria he did not meet, he got no response... The Chief does not have this discretion under RIGL 11-47-11, so I doubt the Chief would have much chance of winning in court. Due to serious health problems, he has not been able to follow up on it, but I hope his health improves so he can finish the process and get his license. It's important that all communication is done in writing when dealing with the Chief (or any other licensing authority) so it can be documented.

Is your renewal for an AG or Town permit?

Quote Originally Posted by newportri View Post
    A friend of mine had an interview with them, and the interview was pretty straight forward. They came up with some different scenarios and what he would do in them. They even told him the interview went well and that his answers were good. He was still denied since the Chief said he didn't meet the department's policy/requirements. However, when questioned what the policy was and what criteria he did not meet, he got no response... The Chief does not have this discretion under RIGL 11-47-11, so I doubt the Chief would have much chance of winning in court. Due to serious health problems, he has not been able to follow up on it, but I hope his health improves so he can finish the process and get his license. It's important that all communication is done in writing when dealing with the Chief (or any other licensing authority) so it can be documented.

Is your renewal for an AG or Town permit?
    Mine is an AG. No Restrictions

Sent via Taptalk for iPhone.

United States Practical Shooting Association

Update* on the 46th day I received, in the mail, a letter requesting me to appear to be interviewed before a "board". So the good news is they are processing my application, bad news is because they are recommending this they have no idea how the law for towns works. So looks like I have more hoops to jump through but I’m going to keep trying.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast