Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

If you're looking for a cheaper plinking alternative, you can always go for a .22 conversion and save yourself some money that way. I got one for my Kimber and it works great.
    "Life sucks, get a !$#@in helmet."
    -Denis Leary

40 super and 400 corbon use necked down 45acp cases only a barrel would be needed for this conversion. I have done this caliber in a 1911 and we have barrels in both these calibers.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote33 View Post
    I believe that with a drop in barrel, you can shoot .40 caliber bullets. Look up 400 Cor-bon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermoto View Post
    nope, 40sw will need the same parts changed to work as the 9 does
    If that is a reply to my post above, I didn't say "40sw", I said .40 caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Remsport Mfg View Post
    40 super and 400 corbon use necked down 45acp cases only a barrel would be needed for this conversion. I have done this caliber in a 1911 and we have barrels in both these calibers.

.40sw is a .40 caliber
    http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/signaturepics/sigpic296_3.gif

... but not all .40 caliber are ".40sw".

Quote Originally Posted by herdbull View Post
    Maybe a dumb question, but I wondered if a Ruger SR1911 could be coverted to shoot 9mm ammo? Was thinking that a Wilson combat 9mm barrel and magazine would allow me to do this, is it that easy or is this impossible?
    9MM 1911s can be very problematic. Feeding problems being the most frustrating. I had a 45 converted and it was a PITA trying to do it with a non ramped barrel. I then had the frame cut for a ramped barrel (As GAMMON has stated) and most problems went away.

You would probably be better off buying a 9MM 1911 but even then, you may still have problems until you find the mags and OAL that work with your gun

Thank you Gents, the last thing I want to do is take a fine shooting weapon and turn it into a finicky POS. I need an excuse to buy a new pistol after my "AR-10" project
    You can call me Al

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12