Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pawning a gun?

NES Member

Default Pawning a gun?

On my way back from the Sanford Gun show I stopped in a NH pawn/gun shop I had seen selling stuff on GB. While I was there a young lady brought in her husband's? brand new deer rifle to pawn. I must not have been her's because the magazine fell out during the exchange and no one (including her) could get it back in. The guy behind the counter said when she came back to get it she would have to fill out a 4473 just like she was buying it. She said she was from out of state and the pawnbroker said it wasn't an issue. I also saw him put it in his book. Can my wife pawn my guns???
    Last edited by TFLeader; 03-17-2012 at 04:38 PM.

IIRC it is a no no in MA, but I could be wrong

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbu...879-Pawn-Shops
    Last edited by appraiser; 03-17-2012 at 04:22 PM.

Does she have the combo to your safe?

Mine doesn't.
    Have a nice day

Quote Originally Posted by mclina View Post

Mine doesn't.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by mclina View Post

Mine doesn't.
    +1

Cutting a hole in the Iron Curtain and escaping!

Illegal in Mass to Pawn a gun.

In NH yes she could pawn your gun. The pawn broker is an FFL, they take your gun from her like any other FFL and give her a loan in return. She comes back and pays her loan off, the pawn broker has her fill out a 4473, does a NICS check and she is on her way. When she gets back to mass she has 7 days to send in an FA-10 for the transaction.

Long gun purchases in a free state such as NH are not an issue as they require no license or permit to posess them. If it was a handgun, the pawn broker would have to ship it to a MA FFL and she would go through the normal purchase process at the MA FFL who would charge her a fee for the transfer ($25 to $50)

But yes, your wife could pawn all your guns no questions asked.

So lock them up and stop using your anniversary or her birthday as the safe combo.

asdfg
    Last edited by bolt; 10-04-2012 at 11:34 PM.

A 4473 and a NICs check one something you already own and got a loan on? They didn't buy it from you.

Quote Originally Posted by davemata View Post
    A 4473 and a NICs check one something you already own and got a loan on? They didn't buy it from you.
    Doesn't matter. They took possession of it in return for the loan.

I put a pistol on consignment with MFLR and they require a 4473 if it doesn't sell and you want it back, IIRC.
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by davemata View Post
    The fed regs surrounding pawn shops and guns are in their own little bizarre empire.

-Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast