Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by OfficerObie59 View Post
    It matters when you're one of those mental patients who'd choose a 10/22 as your ONLY SHTF gun.
    Just made me burst out laughing while trying to be quiet at work. Thanks!

I had the opportunity to shoot a group of 5 Lapua Dominators just yesterday. I was taking a test for someone using Federal Champion (500 count box).

The Lapua group was 1/2" for 5 rounds. Couldn't touch that using Federal. I don't have the money to shoot $14/50 round ammo but it was pretty schnazzy.

Quote Originally Posted by mj52 View Post
    I had the opportunity to shoot a group of 5 Lapua Dominators just yesterday. I was taking a test for someone using Federal Champion (500 count box).

The Lapua group was 1/2" for 5 rounds. Couldn't touch that using Federal. I don't have the money to shoot $14/50 round ammo but it was pretty schnazzy.
    Wait till you move to larger calibers. $0.30/round is nothing. That's what people pay for crap .223 ammo for plinking.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum - If you wish for peace, prepare for war

Have you heard about the vast Libertarian conspiracy? We want to take over the government and then.... Leave you alone.

Quote Originally Posted by xtry51 View Post
    Wait till you move to larger calibers. $0.30/round is nothing. That's what people pay for crap .223 ammo for plinking.
    Yep.

Personally, I shoot CCI Blazer in all my .22s ~$20-25/500 depending on where you get it. It'll shoot minute-o-FantasticMrFox at 50 yards out of my mostly-stock 10/22 in the middle of the night in my pajamas, at least. That's good enough for me

Quote Originally Posted by atmay View Post
    Personally, I shoot CCI Blazer in all my .22s ~$20-25/500 depending on where you get it. It'll shoot minute-o-FantasticMrFox at 50 yards out of my mostly-stock 10/22 in the middle of the night in my pajamas, at least.
    I also shoot CCI Blazer out of my 10/22. I've compared a few different brands at 100 yards, and the CCI seems to group the best. i'm not talking 1/2 inch groups, but i can probably hold a 2 or 3 inch group if i were really trying. i'm sure the ammo/gun is a lot more accurate than that though.....

My 10-22 and Mk3 pistol eats anything but Remington without any problems. Never noticed and real difference in accuracy just a slight vertical difference

dave
    The only part of the metric system America has embraced is the 9mm

Depending on the gun.
    My s&w 41 early model loves the lapua 2 is the wolf gold match....but since I don't shoot anywhere as much as I used to anything above the price of cci blaser or Aquila target is a waste
    My glenfield 25 shoots almost any 22 shorts very well
    My last 2 10/22s shot minute of somewhere
    I like most people seem to have no luck with Remington 22lr

Just east of Zone 9, but in Worcester County.

CCI. Standard for consistent loads in precision guns. Mini-Mag for the pesky guns and bowling pin tops. (^_^)

I usually buy them in case lots (5k rounds) for the best price.
    A clip is not a magazine, a mag is not a clip.
    Neither is a grip a stock, and "stock" does not mean grip.
    A bullet is not a cartridge, nor is the converse true.
    Folks should be more careful when they use the words they do.
    A revolver has a cylinder, but only one you see,
    and cylinders have chambers, five or six most commonly.
    I do not wish to nitpick, but improvement would be seen,
    if we could bring ourselves to say exactly what we mean.

- Lieutenant Colonel John Dean "Jeff" Cooper

I'm a big believer in "you get what you pay for", but my most recent Champion's Choice catalog lists Lapua X-ACT at $234 per 500rds. I'm not sure I could find the difference on target between that and the Wolf Match Target I got for $35 a brick a while ago.

"Pat you owe me a beer" Derek
    "Send It"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123