Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Where are you located ? Old colony sportsmans Assoc. in Pembroke has a very active clay program. Skeet,trap,and 5 stand. And affordable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    Jesus, $475 a year for membership?!....and they're only open 3 days a week?
    ?
    Look at the number of skeet and trap fields they have.

Quote Originally Posted by DitchDigger View Post
    Where are you located ? Old colony sportsmans Assoc. in Pembroke has a very active clay program. Skeet,trap,and 5 stand. And affordable.
    I spend my time between Concord ma, arlington ma, and scituate mass.

I would also like to shoot my AR competitively but dont know much about it. Was thinking of going to the Military Shoot in Marshfield this weekend. I have an AR 15 with iron sights. What kind of distance do they shoot AR's with iron sights? Any info on how it works or how to prepare would be great. I reload my own rounds but other than that not much experience in shooting altogether, thought the competitive thing would help me meet others with the same interest?

Service rifle shoots at 200, 300, and 600 yards with iron sights. The best way to get started is to attend a service rifle clinic.

LOL, 600 yds. I was practicing yesterday at 50 yds. Did well but I dont think I could see the target past 100 yds. Maybe I will go to watch the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by TZCHRIS View Post
    LOL, 600 yds. I was practicing yesterday at 50 yds. Did well but I dont think I could see the target past 100 yds. Maybe I will go to watch the first time.
    It's a huge target. The aiming black at 600 is three feet wide and you shoot from prone with a sling. It's really not as hard as you might think. 200 yard offhand is much harder in my opinion.

(Well, unless the wind is switchy anyway...)
    Last edited by jasons; 04-09-2012 at 08:06 AM.

Where would I get more info on the Marshfield Shoot? Like how many shots, how mush $$. Website doesn't have much info.

Where would I get more info on the Marshfield Shoot? Like how many shots, how mush $$. Website doesn't have much info.
    I don't know anything about the Marshfield shoot, but there is a CMP clinic in Nashua on 4/28. I wouldn't miss that if you want to get into service rifle.

Edit: I looked up the Marshfield shoot and it looks more like a fun shoot not a real match. I'm sure it would be fun but I don't think you'd learn much about service rifle competition there.
    Last edited by jasons; 04-09-2012 at 09:21 AM.

It is a very, very large, high contrast target - 67" x 72" with a 36" bull. My wife had never shot beyond 100 yards when she first attended a service rifle clinic at Reading. She got some 10s on the 600 yard line. You can do it too with a decent AR15, good ammunition, a proper sling and a coach.

Don't be intimidated. Go to a clinic. They are designed for beginners just like you.
    Last edited by M1911; 04-09-2012 at 10:26 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast