Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

yeah MrTwigg is right.. I started with buying meals www.efoodsdirect.com and now I am on to buying the foods we eat regularly. we aren't the years worth of food storage people but we'll definitely get buy in a long term outage or disaster.. the long term storage meals are a good filler though and the ones from the site I posted are really tasty.

I love the family who thinks the raving hoards of lunatics would be invited to join their community and become a functioning part of it, thus avoiding violence. Until you expect the lunatic to wash a load of laundry in a bucket with a scrub board, and he shoots you in the face and takes your home made jam and apple butter.

Quote Originally Posted by edhead35 View Post
    I love the family who thinks the raving hoards of lunatics would be invited to join their community and become a functioning part of it, thus avoiding violence. Until you expect the lunatic to wash a load of laundry in a bucket with a scrub board, and he shoots you in the face and takes your home made jam and apple butter.
    IIRC, the woman was described by the narrator as a "New England Liberal". She goes on to say how she doesn't believe in guns or violence, at which point I screamed at the TV, "but the bad guys do!".
    Not to mention that if I had spent years and $1000's of dollars prepping (who says I haven't?) I wouldn't be advertising it on a television program (or NES forum?)...

I really don't even care she chooses to not arm her family, that is her choice, even if it is the wrong one. It's the snide attitude towards people who make choices she doesn't like.

I would be leery of someone like her inviting me into their camp or group in a scenario like that, where country is going to hell. I would assume if they are willing to give me stuff they have prepped, I am going to end up in a device like you see in the Saw movies. Sell an image of purity and nonviolence, then turn on you guns drawn, and take all that you have.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTwigg View Post
    While better than nothing, you would be better served by storing what you eat and eating what you store.
    I totally agree...aside from a short term supply of MREs for mid-disaster use, food storage can and should look like our normal food. Easy to buy, store, trade, cook, cycle-through, etc.

I was just pointing out that prepping, albeit Jr-grade prepping, is creeping into the mainstream. Good for those individuals prepping, but more important good sign of awareness in society.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gunclinger View Post
    I was just pointing out that prepping, albeit Jr-grade prepping, is creeping into the mainstream. Good for those individuals prepping, but more important good sign of awareness in society.
    +1 reps inbound.
    Thanks and a Tip O'the Stetson ô

Quote Originally Posted by sixer View Post
    IIRC, the woman was described by the narrator as a "New England Liberal". She goes on to say how she doesn't believe in guns or violence, at which point I screamed at the TV, "but the bad guys do!"..
    Well, then it is really very nice of her to do all that prep work now for the first Lunatic that comes along and do as he pleases.

Look into a pressure canner, the Mirro 23 qt is a nice rig and will produce a lot of shelf stable food. Learn to garden and keep seeds from year to year, learn to forage in the woods for food, learn basic medical skills. Get her into shooting and you're good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by gunclinger View Post

the breakdown of society
    .....and interruption of services & supply lines.

To truly freak her out, tell her how everything we buy on impulse is only there because it is trucked in daily from far away.

Go ahead, tell her, I dare you!

So, the scared wife found out that our town PD is now offering regular firearms license classes for FREE, so, being a frugal new prepper, now she's going to do it!

OK, well, that, and this past Sat she went out to run an errand and for some reason took my car, after I had just returned from the range. Yes, she drove away with a trunk full of guns. Good thing she took her cell phone with her and I had her back quickly. That innocent error "scared" her in a very different way...I think it finally hit her that .gov is an irrational beast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast