Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Finalygotabeltfed View Post
    Building an AR is far less complicated than putting together a common gas grill.

Building it yourself also familiarizes you with the gun and how it works, what can fail, how to troubleshoot and how to remedy it. It also builds self confidence.

I recommend building it yourself, its a win, win, win, win, win situation.
    That is how I feel. I am in the lower group buy and have never assembled a lower before. I look forward to doing it for the first time. Lots of videos on youtube, ar-15 etc.. This way I will get a much better working knowledge of the gun. However, I will probably buy a fully assembled upper.
    Mass LTC A ALP, Member NES, GOAL, NRA
    Veteran - US Navy Submarine Service

TANSTAAFL

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/lid=11004/learn/ This what I used for my first build.

Same here, I'm in Burlington and always willing to help out a fellow shooter. I've got all the bits and bobs and tools and whatnot to build an AR15 so if you just show up with a box of parts, we can make it happen.

if you look around there are thousands of instructional resources for an AR lower build.

all you need are basic tools and patience.

the hardest part is finding the springs that tend to go flying, and they WILL go flying and you will spend time searching for them

I did mine in about 45 minutes.

Yea....I would do it yourself and save your money for an upper. I put together my first lower on weds night and all I used was a hammer, tape and needle nose pliers. Pretty simple ar15.com is a good source and YouTube.

A set of roll pin punches is a big help.

Just don't build it while sitting on the couch on your coffee table. My couch ate a couple springs, and I sure as hell can't find them! One spring may have caused my dog Blinky to go blind in one eye (His name wasn't always Blinky)
    Certified NRA Instructor
    Certified MCOPA Instructor

C&R FFL Holder

Practical Defense Firearms Training. Click Here
    Certified GLOCK Armorer
    @andypieces

In the end.......family is all that matters!

New Hampshire gun shops are like strip clubs. You can look at all the nice stuff, but none of it will be leaving in your pants for the ride home!

Yup, I watched a video when I put together the first one. I think it took about 30min because I was taking my time.
    Stop complaining about MA and Join GOAL and comm2a if you want to make a difference.

www.downzerotraining.com

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I built my first lower following the instructions on AR15.com and it was simple anyone with any sort of mechanical skill can do it. actually it doesnt take very much mechanical skill.
    NRA AND NES MEMBER.
    HAVERHILL HOUND ROD AND GUN MEMBER.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12