Default Turkey hunting the CCNS

After five years of deliberating in the park management service, Spring Turkey hunting will be allowed at the Cape Cod National Seashore this season! Nice. I know a lot of the woods out there like it were my back yard. I've seen lots of those little red-eyed bastids running around in shootable areas. I'm looking forward to this. Sounds like there's only a limited number of licenses to be given out though. I'll be in line on the first day for sure. This is only my second season hunting Turkey so I need to work on my slate calls. My box calls last season were pitiful.

http://www.nps.gov/caco/parknews/spr...l-seashore.htm
    I can haz more government?

-statist kitty

This is interesting...
    IDKFA

Quote Originally Posted by 45collector View Post
    After five years of deliberating in the park management service, Spring Turkey hunting will be allowed at the Cape Cod National Seashore this season! Nice. I know a lot of the woods out there like it were my back yard. I've seen lots of those little red-eyed bastids running around in shootable areas. I'm looking forward to this. Sounds like there's only a limited number of licenses to be given out though. I'll be in line on the first day for sure. This is only my second season hunting Turkey so I need to work on my slate calls. My box calls last season were pitiful.

http://www.nps.gov/caco/parknews/spr...l-seashore.htm
    My second season as well.. I see them in the ccnss in truro all the time. Hopefully with some luck I'll tag one this year.Good luck 45.

I got in line yesterday morning at the Park Service headquarters in Wellfleet at 8 a.m. Most of the other guys there had been waiting for a while. One guy said he got there and sat on the steps at 6 a.m. It was chilly and rainy, I feel sorry for that guy! They gave out a total of 50 turkey permits. I got #35. I overheard one of the rangers say they will probably give out more but he didn't say how many. I already have a spot picked out I want to scout. Just hope none of the other old salts that got permits are thinking of the same spot. All of those guys standing in line with me looked like they've been doing this a lot longer than I have!

-statist kitty

Yah watch your behind....No hunting near walking paths and camp sites.....

Yah guy.

Hunting or possession of a loaded weapon is prohibited within 500 feet of established nature trails, established bicycle trails, and any buildings within the national seashore boundaries, except as authorized by the owner or occupant of a particular building.

Watch your own behind. I've got mine covered just fine thanks.

-statist kitty

There's one in every crowd..^^
    Funny thing about the spring season on the cape is all the spots I've scouted that are holding dry up once the season opens,like they know it's coming.. Be sure to pick out several spots..congrats on the permit 45 and good luck out there.