Default Quality m4 lowers

I'm planning on building an m4 at some point in the near future. I am wondering what type of complete lower assembly I should buy...what are quality brands? Currently i've looked online at JP, bushmaster, LMT, rock river arms, rainier, or pof usa. However, I am new to the AR-15 market as this would be my first rifle. So i don't know if any of the aforementioned brands would be crappy products. Any recommendations on suggestions for good lowers? Also, I'm aware I need a fixed stock.

NES Member

Tic, Tic, Tic

Banned

Colt. Noveske.

Everything else might as burn and buy a AKM instead. Seriously.

Edit: read the AR15 sticky in the firearms forum. I am a jerk and a AK fanboy
    Last edited by flintoid; 03-05-2012 at 01:07 AM.

Go green now and get in on the stripped at buy u can build it slowly that way ar's are easy to build but expensive! Oh btw flintoid is right ak's are pretty awesome too and significantly cheaper! I perso ally think you should own both though... Each is bad a$$ in their own right! So far for ar lowers I own dpms, rock river, and American weapon systhems and aws is the best then Rick river then dpms last hope I helped!

Quote Originally Posted by Donvin999 View Post
    So far for ar lowers I own dpms, rock river, and American weapon systhems and aws is the best then Rick river then dpms last hope I helped!
    I'm curious as how you came to that determination.
    Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer and thus any interpretation or statements about the law that I might make should be taken with a grain of salt and mixed with your own legal research as well as advice from actual legal counsel. I cannot be held responsible if you find yourself somebody's "friend" in federal, state, or local prison should you act on my opinions on the law. My interpretations of the law will generally be on the conservative side.

Fit and finish the Aws has the best finish and fits nice and snug with all my uppers, the rock river is a little too snug andante the finish is more gray than black the dpms wobbles noticeably!