Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Default Windham Weaponry Ar15 Review.

Ok So I purchased my new WW15 from State Line last week. A little background, I sold my bushmaster xm15-e2s with the intention of building my own AR. I took a trip to State Line for some other goodies and saw the WW15. They had the NY Model (read mass compliant) in a flat top upper with a railed gas block no fixed from sight post. This was exactly what I wanted. Since most of my experience is with a bushmaster i figured how could I go wrong than buy from the original makers. (MY Bush was manufactured in Windham Maine.)

So I installed a Troy Folding front battle sight and a Magpul rear flip up battle sight. I took it to the range after sighting it in it shot dead on at 50 and 100yrds with iron sights no problem, and shot about 1 1/2 low at 25 yards. Close enough for me anyways. Then I installed an Eotech xps2-0. Great decision I absolutely love it, although I have to say it was so far off out of the box I had to shoot at an 8 foot wide piece of cardboard to find where my shots where hitting. Got that all sighted in and man am I happy. My WW is more accurate than my Old Bushamster BY FAR!!! Part of this is due to it being lighter and easier for me to shoot off hand. I always found my Bushamster to be a little heavy for a Carbine model. Wherever the sights are when the thing goes bang is where it hits. My Range is only 100 yards but I would love to give this thing a longer shot to see how much bullet drop I would get. Long range doesn't really matter because thats not what this one is for, but I sure am happy. After getting her all sighted in, I went and set up some of those Zombie splattering targets. I was able to transition between them flawlessly, thanks Eotech, and put all my rounds on the paper. Everything inside seems to be very well made. Comes with Gobs and Gobs of oil from the factory. The only concern I had and I doubt this is a big deal, I was able to remove the hand guards with no tool and using one hand on the Delta Ring. Its tight and should hold the guards in place, I just dont know if it will loosen up. I doubt it will, and It was also a positive that I didn't need a tool or my wife to help remove the hand guards. So far I have run just over 280 rounds through it of federal bulk ammo, both 223 and 556 bulk packs. It ran flawlessly.

I would def. recommend anyone who wants to buy an AR check out the WW. Its light, smooth, soft shooting, and seems to be really high quality for a good price. Mine was $845 out the door thanks NH with No sales Tax.

Nice write up and awesome rifle, glad your enjoying.
    Member @ HSC - Harvard Sportman's Club & HHRG - @ HHRG Haverhill Hound Rod and Gun, GOAL Member, NRA Life Member, Gun Owners of America Member, & Supporter of COMM2A.
    TIP: Use google and use site:northeastshooters.com to constrain the results to NES. It'll find anything thats not in the members areas

Could you take a shot of the XPS2-0 from the rear, over the buttstock (kind of 1st person if you will). Everytime I look at the XPS EoTech's they seem like they are SUPER-Wide?

Just want to see how it looks from that POV. Thanks!
    - Firearms Instructor - M16/M4/AR15 Certified Armorer - Certified Glock Armorer -

Pics would be great - if you can take some pics of your bolt carrier group - especially the staking on the carrier key, that would be useful to folks as well. Enjoy your new rifle..
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Ben Franklin

"What good is a man who won't make a stand?" - Ben Harper

"And you do what they told ya - now you're under control"....

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/signaturepics/sigpic2474_1.gif

I'll see what I can come up with. Cell phone pics are not that great. Won't show much detail on the bcg. I can say mounted on the rifle the eotech is seen less. I don't find it wide at all and if you get one you will live it.

I wanted to buy one and emailed them 2 weeks ago, asking if they'd do specific things to it-never heard back. They must be too busy to make a sale. I wanted to keep my money local and support the company. Guess not.

Quote Originally Posted by S. Kelly View Post
    I wanted to buy one and emailed them 2 weeks ago, asking if they'd do specific things to it-never heard back. They must be too busy to make a sale. I wanted to keep my money local and support the company. Guess not.
    There are a lot of dealers that have a few in stock. Im sure if you wanted to look at one you could find it.

Bobs Gun and Archery in Webster had one left plus some Stags also. I picked up a WW-15 from him yesterday.
    It came with the Ace Skeleton stock, front and rear Arms 71L flip up sights.

Sent from my RootedDroid X on GB .602

NES Member

Nice write up. When I installed the Eotech 512 I found it easiest to use the irons to get the dot close. I'm thinking about a XPS 2 but I like the convenience of AA batteries. Don't worry about being able to remove the handguards from delta ring without the tool. I haven't come across one that I couldn't ape grip off (although Stag springs are strong). I too have a Bushy from Windham and it can take a beating. Do an update after a few thousand rounds to let us know how it holds up.

Default Photo Updates

Here are some pics. You can kind of see it but it appears that it is properly staked. You can see it better in person but there is plenty of metal holding that together.

Attachment 27144Attachment 27143Attachment 27145

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast