Default Windham Weaponry AR sale

GFA ArmsTec is now an authorized Windham Weaponry Dealer.

If you haven't checked out these AR rifles from the former Bushmaster Company, you need to!

Some of the features that set these AR's apart from the others are:

*Carpenter 158 Bolts/Bolt Carriers
    *HP&MP Individually Tested Bolts
    *Anodized Aluminum Trigger guard
    *M4 Feedramps
    *M4 Barrel profile
    *4150 Chrome Vanadium Steel barrels
    *Double heatshield handguards

Best of all, Windham Weaponry AR Rifles are covered by a Fully-Transferrable Lifetime Warranty! Nobody else offers that.

ArmsTec has both Flat-top upper configurations as well as Removable Carry Handle models with A2 sights. We have plenty of pre-ban 30rd Colt mags available as well as lots of different varieties of 5.56 ammo.

ArmsTec will also set your collapsible stock to whatever length works best for you and re-pin it to ensure you remain Mass Compliant.

We have models available with Fixed Collapsible stocks and Ace Skeleton stocks in both Flat-top and Removable Carry Handle options. All models include one Pre-ban 30rd Colt manufactured magazine and a hard case.

Prices depending on options range from $935-$985.

Come down to GFA ArmsTec to see the new Windham Weaponry AR!
    Last edited by jelildude; 02-13-2012 at 11:49 AM.

Do you know what trigger they are using? Is it one of their own design?

Thanks,

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by richc View Post
    Do you know what trigger they are using? Is it one of their own design?

Thanks,

Rich
    Rich,

It is one of their own design and according to Windham, it's been redesigned for a lighter, crisper letoff than the standard Mil-Spec unit......trying the guns we have here it seems they did a good job, the triggers are way less creep and grit than your normal AR.

Pretty impressive guns overall, I am including a letter I wrote to Windham on AR15.com below.

"Thanks for this post. It's nice to see WW interacting with end users, particularly here on AR15.com.
    To echo what others have said, I think Windham Weaponry really has an opportunity on this forum to hear directly from those most inclined to purchase their guns, and you should listen. In every post, article and blog concerning WW the same thing is said overwhelmingly..."we don't want another Bushmaster" What does this mean to Windham Weaponry?

1) Carpenter 158 bolts
    2) HP and MP tested bolts
    3) 4150 steel barrels (check)
    4) Mil spec buffer tubes
    5) F sight bases
    6) Staked locknuts on tele stocks

Failure to give the people what they want when they will happily pay for it is bad business. Failure to listen to customer feedback is bad business.

There are many options for entry level, commercial AR's. Most firearms owners buying guns these days are buying not only for pleasure shooting, but with an understanding that the rifle they are buying may sometime be called on to defend hearth and home.

Please above all else: Tell the customer what they are getting in technical detail! We want that. We want to know the testing process of bolts, the method of cutting rifling, the grade of steel used in barrels..etc.

We need to know beyond the "marketing slogans" WHY we should buy YOUR gun over anyone else's.

In closing, The Windham Weaponry story is great, The transferrable lifetime warranty is awesome, and the employees seem like they really want to succeed. Listen to those who are looking to buy an AR15 and the world is Windham Weaponry's oyster."

Windham Weaponry responded:
    Let me try to answer as best I can your 6 points.

1. Carpenter 158 bolts YES
    2. HP and MP tested bolts YES
    3. 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium steel YES
    4. Mil Spec buffer tubes NO
    Mil spec tubes use a smaller diameter tube than the actual diameter of the threads. This makes an extra process to turn the tube down to the mil-spec size rather than keeping it the same diameter all the way back. The walls of the commercial tube are therefore a little beefier. I've fired hundreds of thousands of rounds through AR15s and M16s with commercial spec tubes and have never had one fail. In the former company we all worked for (BFI), we had a test lower in the shooting room that we used for at least 10 years with the same commerical buffer tube on it. That lower probably had well over a million rounds through it without ever replacing the buffer tube. So in our experience there is no benefit to a mil spec buffer tube and is why we decided to go with the commercial spec tube. It's not as coslty to manufacture and is as strong or stronger than a mil spec tube.
    5. F Marked front sight bases NO
    We use standard front sight bases as this has become the "standard" really. The difference is only .040" and we have taller front sight posts in stock for those rifles that need more height on the front sight post. The majority of carry handles for flat tops are calibrated for standard front sight bases and that's the type of carry
    handle we use. Any rear flip sight that needs a .040" taller sight can be easily accomodated with a taller post.
    6. Staked locknuts on tele stocks NO
    We would have more complaints if we did this than compliments. Some people want to be able to remove the stock if they want to install a different kind of endplate. Factory staking makes removal of the castle nut very difficult. Even without staking some people have a very hard time removing our tele stocks as we torque them on very tightly. Staking is a very easy process and takes 5 minutes to do. We leave this up to the customer to decide rather than making this decision for them. If someone buys one of our rifles and wants the lock nut staked we can do this for them if they so choose.

Thank you for your post and I welcome further discussions

We still have a few WW AR's in stock......as well as Mass Compliant Colt M4 carbines.....

Quote Originally Posted by jelildude View Post
    GFA ArmsTec is now an authorized Windham Weaponry Dealer.

If you haven't checked out these AR rifles from the former Bushmaster Company, you need to!

Some of the features that set these AR's apart from the others are:

*Carpenter 158 Bolts/Bolt Carriers
    *HP&MP Individually Tested Bolts
    *Anodized Aluminum Trigger guard
    *M4 Feedramps
    *M4 Barrel profile
    *4150 Chrome Vanadium Steel barrels
    *Double heatshield handguards

Best of all, Windham Weaponry AR Rifles are covered by a Fully-Transferrable Lifetime Warranty! Nobody else offers that.

ArmsTec has both Flat-top upper configurations as well as Removable Carry Handle models with A2 sights. We have plenty of pre-ban 30rd Colt mags available as well as lots of different varieties of 5.56 ammo.

ArmsTec will also set your collapsible stock to whatever length works best for you and re-pin it to ensure you remain Mass Compliant.

We have models available with Fixed Collapsible stocks and Ace Skeleton stocks in both Flat-top and Removable Carry Handle options. All models include one Pre-ban 30rd Colt manufactured magazine and a hard case.

Prices depending on options range from $935-$985.

Come down to GFA ArmsTec to see the new Windham Weaponry AR!

I purchased one of these rifles from gfa armstec.. My first AR. (my first rifle for that matter).

I had some serious issues shooting wolf ammo through it. At first, I thought it was the rifle, then I thought it was the ammo. It was the magazines. (both the new 10 round and the preban 30 round) I replaced the spring and followers in the preban magazines with magpul stuff and my feed issues resolved. I called gfa, and they were friendly and willing to help me out with the ammo, but I ended up figuring it out.

I also had serious issues sighting in the rifle, with carry handle iron sights, flat mounted red dot, and carry handle mounted riflescope.
    After many many (many many) rounds I got the red dot sighted, (mounted atop the carry handle with a riser).
    I was then able to sight in the irons using the red dot as a guide.

It was boggling because mechanical zero isn't close enough to hit 4 rifle sighting targets arranged in a big square.
    On this particular rifle I had to raise the front sight up really far. Probably too far. I think it's possible that it was supposed to have the .040 sight post.

All of this is likely due to the fact that I'm new to rifles in general.. but I'd be interested to here if anyone else has a similar experience.
    If it continues to shoot tomorrow, the way it shot today.. I'll be broke and happy.

NES Member

For anyone interested in these rifles, the weapons guy at survivalblog.com wrote a very positive review of these a couple of days ago.

Check it out here.

I love my windhams...if you can get a hold of one pardon the pun..pull the trigger.