Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Starksboro, VT (and sometimes Waltham. For now.)

Had a PM from another NESer who's going to take a look at them. Thanks for everyone's help!

Quote Originally Posted by daveyburt View Post

I've seen a "radio rebanding" sign on Rt 140 in shrewsbury near the UPS depot - google shows nothing though but maybe worth a swing in if you're in the area.

ETA: actually, here:
    http://nicolecommawoo.wordpress.com/...dio-rebanding/

not sure if they do repairs
    That's a state run radio shop, it's not open to the public, that's where the state police and other state agency 800 band radio users go to get their units reprogrammed.

"Politicians Are Like Diapers, They Should Be Changed Often, And For The Same Reason"

The big place used to be in Nashua NH. Can't remember the name of it. Downtown somewhere.

Went there once to get some parts for a sideband enhancement.

Had a friend, Dave Wenzel (Methuen), do the work. He died a few years ago. Sad. He was my go-to guy for CB stuff/repairs, etc.
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
    Author of a book on reloading

excelent cb shop in west bridgwater on 28. been around for 30+ years. Lou's cb shop. excelent tech ! excelelent repair work. 508-894-3007

Quote Originally Posted by DukeInMaine View Post
    The big place used to be in Nashua NH. Can't remember the name of it. Downtown somewhere.
    You're thinking of Nashua Communications. Roger passed away many years ago, if I remember correctly. I still wonder to this day where the hell all his inventory went. He used to have stuff brand new in the box that you couldn't even buy anymore. Of course he wanted obscene money for it, too, but he had everything. He also used to have one of the biggest ever inventories of vacuum tubes in existence, from what people told me.

-Mike

As a few people here have mentioned Lou's CB Shop is the place that I have gone to and was referred to. He is http://www.cbwizz.com/ on Rte 28 in W. Bridgewater.

I haven't used him in years.

Good luck.

Matt
    S.E.R.E. Survival Evasion Resistance Escape
    " Return with Honor "

Quote Originally Posted by drgrant View Post
    You're thinking of Nashua Communications. Roger passed away many years ago, if I remember correctly. I still wonder to this day where the hell all his inventory went. He used to have stuff brand new in the box that you couldn't even buy anymore. Of course he wanted obscene money for it, too, but he had everything. He also used to have one of the biggest ever inventories of vacuum tubes in existence, from what people told me.

-Mike
    That wouldn't have been Roger Camire would it?
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end"

R.J.Wiedemann.LtCol.USMC Ret.

I miss Roger from NCC he gave me so much free junk it wasn't even funny,I would stop in there every Saturday and hang out for 2-3 hours inhaling all that lovely second hand smoke.

You would be amazed at the people that would link themselves to this guy in the late 80's early 90's,I would drive all over New England buying shit people would sell radio wise and they would be like oh Roger and I we go way back.

Couple of people were sincere having all the books Roger wrote on Radio Theory.

Near the end I knew he wasnt to far out dodging the reaper when he kept trying to sell me show cats...thats right folks...show cats.

Starksboro, VT (and sometimes Waltham. For now.)

Quote Originally Posted by KMS View Post
    Near the end I knew he wasnt to far out dodging the reaper when he kept trying to sell me show cats...thats right folks...show cats.

Quote Originally Posted by JWPaolilliJr View Post
    That wouldn't have been Roger Camire would it?
    I don't remember his last name. I just remember the smoke, the old school shop crowded with stuff, and the funny sounding doorbell in his shop.

-Mike

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast