Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default reloading chair.

What do you guys sit on when at the press . My table isn't high enough to stand at the press so I have to sit. My back is achin right now.

I might throw some cinder blocks under the feet to raise it up higher

before I built a taller bench I found a old straight back bar stool.

JoeT karma'd an office chair and I won. It is in my room and works nicely.

Sent via tapatalk on the Yugo of droids.
    Licensed Journeyman.

~$70 @ sears.
    When it comes down to it, it's all just a matter of physics.
    NRA HighPowerRifle, Across the Course and MidRangeProne - HighMaster
    CMP Distinguished Rifleman #2088, Presidents 100

Banned

A 24" bar stool.

Have you thought about raising up your presses instead of sitting?

A couple of years ago I got tired of the back and @55 aches that sitting at my desk all day 5 days a week was leaving me so I rigged up my office at work so I could stand all day. It's ruined me for sitting for long periods anymore. I've also come to realize I hate working on a press thats hanging off the end of a bench, I'd prefer to have over the work surface as much as possible without hindering using it.

I've recently picked up a couple of presses and a lube sizer and am working on setting up a reloading bench. I've been building stands out of scrap wood and experimenting with different heights and arrangements. Once I find the right height and setup I'll build a nice one. I've been C Clamping them to my bench for now but, will probably build a free standing version.

This is the last prototype, #3:

It worked well for the Tru-Line Jr. and the Lube Sizer but still needed to be taller for me. I'd also just received the T-Mag press, base needed to be higher for it. The whole thing was still too close to the edge also. It may not look it but, its very strong. It's stiff with the sort pieces and I use 2.5" deck screws to put then together.

My Bench is ~40" high, when I first setup and tried the T-Mag I clamped it right to the bench, it was way too low. I could've almost whacked my face on the turret trying bend / stoop low enough to operate the handle through the full range.
    Last edited by Ziptar; 01-08-2012 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post

~$70 @ sears.

got one works great

Bar stool works for me....

I just stand as well. I sit enough during the week. I have a good floor mat.
    "It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong." Voltaire

No one gets out alive.
    And you can't take anything with you.
    So have fun and give em hell.

Ziptar, I am with you. My old bench was an office desk that I had made stronger, and since it was low I was using a chair. However, as we all know, sometimes it takes quite a bit of force to resize or prime a cartridge. When I made a new bench last year, I made it so that I would be standing up. It's perfect for me as I can use the least effort through the range of motion. Before I built the bench I tried out different heights to make sure I got the best height, but it's great now. My reloading area is also a little tight, but I have more space without a chair now.

For the OP, you might be able to use some cinder blocks since you already have a bench, but if you decide to make a new bench you might want to consider one high enough to use while standing. I believe there is a thread somewhere here where people show their reloading benches, so you might get some good ideas there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast