Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Paracord wrapping a wire stock

Not sure if this is the right section for this but what the hell. Anyone have a good link to info on wrapping a wire stock with paracord?

hhrrmm..... Common Whipping, the smoothest, a bit tough, takes practice...
    French Whipping, A.K.A. Spiral Whipping (my favorite),
    Cockscombing (may need to find a navy person to show you that one...),

bunch of ways you can go depending on the look you're going for...
    /Sarchasm
    "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." -H.solo
    The 2A is supposed to allow people to be able to compete with a .gov force.
    Its not so your fat slob hick neighbor can go hunt stupid deer in the woods. -Dench

"It's like US made vodka: it tastes good while making you a filthy capitalist pig in the process." -Boris

I bought the paracord months ago to do it on my rifle, have not gotten around to it.
    Youtube has a boat load of videos on it but I am sure you knew that.
    Member @ HSC - Harvard Sportman's Club & HHRG - @ HHRG Haverhill Hound Rod and Gun, GOAL Member, NRA Life Member, Gun Owners of America Member, & Supporter of COMM2A.
    TIP: Use google and use site:northeastshooters.com to constrain the results to NES. It'll find anything thats not in the members areas

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtypacman View Post
    I bought the paracord months ago to do it on my rifle, have not gotten around to it.
    Youtube has a boat load of videos on it but I am sure you knew that.
    I saw a few on youtube but like John said, there are so many different methods. I was hoping someone here had done a stock and had a link to what they used.

I'm not looking for anything fancy, just want to wrap a wire stock so its more comfortable to shoot in the winter.

We called it fancy work in the Navy. My Chief had a real hard on for it, and I did most everything in my shop while on deployment. This style is really easy, it is basically overhand knots in the same direction over and over again. If you change up direction, you can make an M or W pattern.

You will more than likely try several different patterns until you get one that works. I really wanted to do a turks head pattern on the stock but ended up with a more simple pattern after a few tries.

Harry Callahan: "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross!"

I did the ACE on my Saiga 308 just like that. jaymce is right, I think I wrapped it and unwrapped it like 5 times before I got it the way I liked it.

NES Member

Ray, If you have'nt already, check out RW rope in N.B. for paracord. Incredible selection/supply and at least one of the guys seems knowledgeable about various wraps and fancy knots.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
    Ray, If you have'nt already, check out RW rope in N.B. for paracord. Incredible selection/supply and at least one of the guys seems knowledgeable about various wraps and fancy knots.
    This is a solid suggestion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast