Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by EddieCoyle View Post
    Of course you do. You know what's best.

I bet you have a bunch of other 'valid' reasons for 'questioning' other peoples' Constitutional rights.

Freedom just called. It wants to know why you hate it.
    that was a great quote! now im pro medical marijuana and pro gun rights basically the .gov should go back to its hole and leave everyone alone!

Quote Originally Posted by newportri View Post
    It's interesting what the Oregon Supreme Court said about this:
    "it appears that the sheriffs also wish to enforce the federal policy of keeping guns out of the hands of marijuana users by using the state licensing mechanism to deny CHLs [concealed handgun licenses] to medical marijuana users. The problem that the sheriffs have encountered is that Congress has not enacted a law requiring license denial as a means of enforcing the policy that underlies the federal law, and the state has adopted a licensing statute that manifests a policy decision not to use its gun licensing mechanism for that purpose: State law requires sheriffs to issue concealed gun licenses without regard to whether the applicants use medical marijuana."

It sets the bar pretty low if a pothead is considered suitable to get a CCW...
    SCOUTS may weigh in on the issue this term. A decision on cert should be coming out in the next few weeks.

http://www.supremecourt.gov/Search.a...les/11-120.htm
    How do you eat an elephant?

Here in Ct we don't have medical marijuana law yet but, I think it's coming soon. I have spine cancer & the drugs that I get given to me, like candy if I want , are evil, most of them start off with oxy. All they are nothing but synthetic heroin and they make me feel bla. I smoke marijuana and I don't have to take any evil oxy anything when I do smoke, I'm not all hazy & I can function. The ATF don't care if I take my prescribed heroin, aka oxy whatever, but they would care if I take my prescribed by a doctor marijuana. It don't make any sense to me. What my doctor & I think the best way to take care of me and my medical condition should between me & my doctor. It should be nobody eases business. There is a lot of other things out there that alter a persons behavior that's worse than some pot, and some of those things are very legal and the government could care less about. I'm not a pothead just trying to get a law passed so I can be stoned all day. I was a Fire Captain & didn't brake the law but, now I'm braking the law every day just so I can function

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nance View Post
    The WOD is WONDERFUL! We should do it some more since it works so well.
    Yes! Piss tests for everyone! See how quick the legisroaches scatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nance View Post
    I would much rather see someone who smokes a lot of pot carrying concealed than someone who habitually drinks heavily. When was the last time you read about someone who got really stoned on pot and beat the Hell out of his wife?
    What's the Dennis Leary quote... "it leads to ****ing carpentry"?

I mean the real issue here is the complete lack of movement on the federal front to decriminalizing marijuana; as much as I personally don't agree with it the BATFE and DEA must enforce the laws they are instructed to enforce. As federal agencies if they federal says it's illegal than, to them, no state law can contradict or supersede it. I personal know an agent with the DEA and he says they hate dealing with pot smokers because it's a waste of their time.

So as much as we love to hate these guys remember they're just a limb of the government that needs an overhaul.

Quote Originally Posted by pdm View Post
    Yes! Piss tests for everyone! See how quick the legisroaches scatter!

What's the Dennis Leary quote... "it leads to ****ing carpentry"?
    This one?

What was the problem with just smoking a joint, eating a couple of Twinkies, and going to sleep? Was that a problem? They say marijuana leads to other drugs. No it doesn't, it leads to ****ing carpentry. That's the problem, folks. People getting high going, "Wow man, this box would make an excellent bong! *snort* This guy's head would make an excellent bong! *snort*" Relax! That's why I stopped doing drugs in the first place. Not because I didn't like 'em, but because I didn't want to build anything, ok?

Sure there are clubs with bars, but you do not see people going to the bar first to get soused and then go shooting. You would not be a member there for long.

I am no lawyer, but I suspect if your local chief found you drinking and carrying in MA he might pull your license for suitability. By similar reasoning, a medical marijuana card would get him questioning your suitability too.

I agree, there should be no option for the feds to step in and strip your rights to purchase a gun. But nudge nudge wink wink, a lot of these medical marijane cards are just so normal people can smoke pot. The feds are not going to be happy with that at all until congress passes a federal law to allow it. Until then, expect them to cause you grief.

Besides, who wants to see a bunch of armed roberies at the local 7 eleven where the thieves just take bags of munchies???

Quote Originally Posted by Spanz View Post
    Besides, who wants to see a bunch of armed roberies at the local 7 eleven where the thieves just take bags of munchies???
    Thats right on up there with the streets flowing with blood the antis are always predicting will result from road rage. Same rhetoric, different subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanz View Post
    Sure there are clubs with bars, but you do not see people going to the bar first to get soused and then go shooting. You would not be a member there for long.

I am no lawyer, but I suspect if your local chief found you drinking and carrying in MA he might pull your license for suitability. By similar reasoning, a medical marijuana card would get him questioning your suitability too.

I agree, there should be no option for the feds to step in and strip your rights to purchase a gun. But nudge nudge wink wink, a lot of these medical marijane cards are just so normal people can smoke pot. The feds are not going to be happy with that at all until congress passes a federal law to allow it. Until then, expect them to cause you grief.

There is already a law against that, if you didnt now. Well, more specifically, you cant be intoxicated while in possession of a firearm, but still.

You are still trying to make marijuana smokers out to be some evil, dubious subset of society. Why? You automatically make the assumption that a marijuana smoker will lit up before going shooting.......makes no sense
    Quote Originally Posted by CRSIII View Post
    Bite me Saudi shitheads!
    BUY MY BASS GUITAR

NOTE: When buying an item from me off this forum, always pay cash unless you are paying via mail, then we can discuss terms.

How about this?? Legalize EVERYTHING. Then, if somebody does something stupid make decisions based on their actions.

If somebody wants to snort ajax and shoot up jello, or smoke bird droppings that is their issue.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast