Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Most powerful .22 ammo??

Just picked up a new .22. A sig mosquito. As expected, 1 of every 3 shots and I have an issue. I know I'm supposed to use a higher power ammo with this gun, which I wasn't. My question is, with all the .22 ammo available... What's the most powerful around? I know nothing about 22 ammo qualities and reputations. Thanks in advance.

Try CCI minimag. I think the sig only recommended this ammo. It's pretty picky on ammo. I shot one on Wednesday night using the CCI minimag, but still have a few FTF (failed to feed).

Sent from my iPhone 5.
    ....My first amendment right do have limit.

No, I did not clean it first. I DID clean it afterwards top to botto
    And rem-oiled it head to toe. I'll try both suggestions and see how It runs. Thanks.

Mine loves CCI minimags high velocity.

Were you using "High Velocity" ammo? CCI is recommended, but it should run pretty good as long as it is High Velocity
    "Many of the best things in life are unappreciated until you begin to lose them. Consider good health, good brakes - and political liberty" - Lt. Col. Jeff Cooper

Peace - Through Superior Fire Power

My Mosquito works fine with CCI Mini Mags, CCI Blazer's and Federal Spitfire. I read somewhere that if you lock the slide back for several days and shoot 500 rounds of CCI Mini Mags then it will feed almost anything. And as far as I'm concerned It's true. I hope this helps you.........Jim

Hi I use CCI stingers they claim 1640 fps, I get about 1600 with my rife when I chrono them.
    Dean

NES Member

The CCI min-mags worked the best in mine but I also use the Winchester M-22 bulk packs you can get at Walmart for cheap.

My Mosquito loves CCI Minimags but I think they also give you a second spring that you can put in for lower power ammo. First time I shot mine I didn't have any mini mags available so I used some misc. 22LR and it was giving me problems (lower power ammo, high power spring). Since then I've used Minimags with 0 issues - shoots great. I haven't bothered putting the low-power spring in and trying other ammo yet.
    "The world isn't being destroyed by democrats or republicans, red or blue, liberal or conservative, religious or atheist -- the world is being destroyed by one side believing the other side is destroying the world. The world is being hurt and damaged by one group of people believing they're truly better people than the others who think differently." ~ AWK

History will be kind to me for I intend to write it. ~ WC

Taunton Rifle & Pistol

CCI mini mags are definitely the best to break in your gun. Try using 100-200 rounds and then switching to something cheaper like Federal bulk or CCI Blazers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast