Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Genuine Russian AK parts kits.

I have access to some freshly imported very rare Russian parts kits: AKM, AKS-74U and AK-74.
    All demiled from unissued rifles. All matching numbers, excellent condition.
    AKM (laminated wood) and AK-74 (synthetic, plum) are have Izhmash proof marks
    AKS-74U (laminated wood) have Tula proof marks.
    Also correct original Russian slings, pouches and mag speed-loaders available.
    Very rare and not cheap.
    Last edited by dnepro-mike; 11-16-2011 at 11:51 PM.

Are they inexpensive?

Quote Originally Posted by Boghog1 View Post
    Are they inexpensive?
    yes, quite expansive because if the rarity

Banned

Every single one of us has access to them too.

http://www.rguns.net/gunparts/rifle-parts-AK.shtml

They've been for sale for quite some time (a few for 2 years, the refurbed Izzy AKMs are fairly recent). They're as "rare" as those guys over there have been claiming they are. "Limited Supply" has meant very little- there have been several hundred AKSUs sold and they're still selling.

I bought one a few weeks back. They are beautiful but they are expensive.

Unless you are selling kits with original barrels, or for considerably less than what rguns is pitching them for, you won't get much interest.

The Tula AKSUs are non refurbs. As original as they can get. The Izzy AKMs are refurbs much like the Tula AKM kits that hit the market last year and are still for sale at sportsmansguide sometimes. The Izzy AK-74s are non-refurbs.

I also "have access" to laminate Izhevsk AK-74s. They're kinda expensive but sure are pretty.

650 for a parts kit is nuts!

Banned

650 for a parts kit is nuts!
    It is. You just have to give a shit about real russian parts. I have a few Russian kits just because they're banned form import and feel like I am murdering thousands of liberals every time I pick them up. They're starting to trickle in now that they've sat in Bulgaria for so long (they've been de-naturalized from Russia in the .gov's eyes) and Bulgaria is killing off 7.62x39 as deployable firepower.

I paid quite a bit more for a PLO milled Izhevsk 1952 type 3 kit. If you want to play ball with russian kits, you gotta pay now a days.

The beauty of the AK is the cost along with the dependability but at those prices I could never justify an AK. are the russian really that much better? or is it a status type thing?

Hmm, they told me me it's a fresh shipment from Ukraine. I haven't seen it on their website before, but I also haven't been specifically looking either. I just learned about it today when I called-in with my Mosin-Nagant barreled action that they just re-stocked again.

I thought price was on the high side but quick search revealed that this stuff is otherwise unavailable elsewhere hence they can demand whatever they want.

SAD, I thought to spark some interest and maybe get some people ganged-up for a group buy and save some $

Quote Originally Posted by flintoid View Post
    Every single one of us has access to them too.

http://www.rguns.net/gunparts/rifle-parts-AK.shtml

They've been for sale for quite some time (a few for 2 years, the refurbed Izzy AKMs are fairly recent). They're as "rare" as those guys over there have been claiming they are. "Limited Supply" has meant very little- there have been several hundred AKSUs sold and they're still selling.

I bought one a few weeks back. They are beautiful but they are expensive.

Unless you are selling kits with original barrels, or for considerably less than what rguns is pitching them for, you won't get much interest.

The Tula AKSUs are non refurbs. As original as they can get. The Izzy AKMs are refurbs much like the Tula AKM kits that hit the market last year and are still for sale at sportsmansguide sometimes. The Izzy AK-74s are non-refurbs.

I also "have access" to laminate Izhevsk AK-74s. They're kinda expensive but sure are pretty.
    Last edited by dnepro-mike; 11-16-2011 at 11:42 PM.

The beauty of the AK is the cost along with the dependability but at those prices I could never justify an AK. are the russian really that much better? or is it a status type thing?
    Yep, it's all about the make and origin.

Can you justify paying a grand for Arsenal SGL tricked out saiga?

Banned

It's not really a status thing. It's a genre thing.

Do you want to build a AK from parts that came from a plant that was supervised by the rifle's inventor? Or do you want parts from it's red headed sister plant that had peculiar quirks?

Or do you want AK parts from a plant in romania operated by a bunch of disgruntled drunks? (I do. Because every plant has quirks that can be traced by year, etc.)

Izhevsk made all of the "new" improvements to the AKM before anyone else. Like switching to cast parts instead of mill cut parts. They switched to higher stock combs earlier. Their handguard bulges are all square. Tula wood grain is more defined and curvacious. Their shelac is darker red with more iodine. The plant fonts are all unique to their respective dies. Tula proof marks are hexagonal and circular, while Izhevsk proofs are usually triangle / angular and diamond shaped.

There are quirks to them that make them delicious to a AKM geek. An AKM part that came from The Soviet Union. Where they were invented and perfected.

The level of geekiness I have for them is immense- I refuse to build the kits that I can rivet together in 5 minutes because I won't put them on anything less than an expensive AKM replica receiver that has the correct radii on the sheet metal bends, the correct font on the FCG labeling, or the correct shape mag well dimples.

It's a AK thing I suppose.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast