Default Stairway to Gilligan's Island

http://www.twistedwavs.com/Multimedi...o_Gilligan.wav

In honor of Bob Denver's passing, the funniest song I ever heard of but never heard until I checked out is "Stairway to Gilligan's Island" consisting of the lyrics to the Gilligan's Island theme song sung to the music of "Stairway to Heaven."

It was recorded by Little Roger and the Goosebumps, a band from San Francisco in the 1970s. Their guitarist was playing "Stairway to Heaven"
    to warm up before a gig, and that was the start of "Stairway to Gilligan." They recorded the song in 1975, but forgot to ask Led Zeppelin for permission.

The parody was put out by Kenny Laguna of Laguna Tunes and was a hit on the West Coast in 1978. It was so perfect that Led's manager threatened.

"The guys who manufactured it called up and said, 'Oh, man, this is it!
    We're in the chips!'" Laguna said. "We sold 10,000 records in a week.
    Suddenly Led Zeppelin showed up and killed it."

For you music aficionados, Laguna is also known for being the manager of Joan Jett, having played on all her records and sometimes playing in her touring band.
    NES Swag that Supports Comm2A <---- Click Me!

"America is not at war. The U.S. Military is at war. America is at the Mall" --Unknown

B.P.O.E. Attleboro Lodge # 1014

Proud Member #2 and 5/16ths of JC2ASC.

I heard that on the Howard Stern show a few days ago. Good song. Stern spoke pretty well of Bob Denver, as well.

Starksboro, VT (and sometimes Waltham. For now.)

For you science fiction fans, the song "The Green Hills of Earth", from the story of the same name by Robert Heinlein, can be sung to the tune of the Gilligan's Island theme...

Ross

Just east of Zone 9, but in Worcester County.

Oooh, Ross. Know any other Spacer Dogrel? (^_^) Of course, most of his better tunes are not fit for a family forum such as "As Spacesuit Built for Two". (^_^)

Starksboro, VT (and sometimes Waltham. For now.)

Somewhere, I still have a copy of the HOPSFA Hymnal, with a LOT of filk songs in it. And Kathy has a Fighter Pilot's songbook that's magnificently obscene. [twisted]

Ross