Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I would start driving slow, put my flashers on turn my inside lights on if it is dark out and call
    the police on my cell.If it is a fake cop the moment he can see your on the cell he will be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by economist View Post
    That makes a lot of sense, but you just know a real officer is going to be very pissed if that happens. That's a big part of the problem as I see it. Who do you fear more, some random criminal or a really pissed off cop who just followed you 5 miles to the nearest police station? And for bonus points, say you are carrying too.
    FWIW I got that advice from a trooper in my drivers ed course.

And for the bonus, he should be happy I did the sensible thing and didn't use it
    Si vis pacem, para bellum - If you wish for peace, prepare for war

Have you heard about the vast Libertarian conspiracy? We want to take over the government and then.... Leave you alone.

I would call 911 and ask for a uniformed officer in a marked cruiser to come, and refuse to interact with the UC until the uniform got there.

Quote Originally Posted by PATRON View Post
    I would start driving slow, put my flashers on turn my inside lights on if it is dark out and call
    the police on my cell.If it is a fake cop the moment he can see your on the cell he will be gone.

As an officer, I would say this is the most sensible course of action. Albeit if it is a thug he may be pissed that you are on your phone and ram you, shoot at you or get information from your plate registration and bother you at a later date.

Calling 911 is a good idea. In bigger cities, however, you may not be directed to the same dispatch center as the UC attempting to pull you over. So driving to a police station is a good idea, or tell the 911 operator that you are going to the nearest Fire Station, or EMT Center, they could probably even guide you to the correct position. I know in Phoenix every call made to 911 from a cell phone is tracked via GPS (if GPS is turned on), and every patrol unit is tracked with GPS they could get a uniformed officer to your location rather quickly. (Note: They -dispatch- do not record every call being made, only those made to 911, dispatch centers, and most gov't lines.)

If it turns out that it is a legitimate officer, be as kind as you possibly can, thank him for his patience, his service, and tell him to be safe. Remind him that he needs to return to his home safely just as you wish to do the same. If he (officer) approaches with an attitude, as hard as it may seem, be polite. Explain to him why you didn't pull over, tell him you respect the law and those that enforce it (even if you don't). Always have a good joke on hand, if you can ease his tension, it will go much smoother for you.

Now, I realize that there are dog bag officer's out there who will attempt to ruffle your feathers, and make things incredibly difficult for you, with these officers it is best to remain calm (you are most likely being recorded) and complain to his supervisor later. Chances are you aren't the first to complain. After awhile Officer Dog Bag will either quit or be fired.

Now, if it is a thug with blue lights, and you do stop...understand that while sitting, you won't get your gun out quick enough to be very defensible and turn the tide. It is better to loose some money and other material items then get injured and have thousands of dollars in medical bills, or worse be killed.

Be smart, be safe, and Stay Off the Wall (or obituary for you Non-LEO's)

Quote Originally Posted by kellyrobyn View Post
    So, today in Holbrook, MA a woman leaving a bank gets pulled over by what she believes is an actual undercover police officer. The man was not an officer but a thief who seen her leave a bank in Weymouth and robbed her. He told her he was armed, knew she had just left the bank and that there'd be no trouble if she cooperated. So, my question is this, what can I do or should I do when getting pulled over by an undercover police officer. I would never want to do anything that'd appear I didn't want to cooperate with an officer but I also don't want to put myself in harms way when there is something I can do to avoid this type of possible situation.
    I take it this is her.

http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/l...-impersonator/
    I have nothing to say here.

There's a couple options first off immediately put your hazards on. Obey all traffic laws and drive to a well lit and populated area to pull over. Or, after turning hazards on call 911 and tell them whats going on, they will confirm if they have an officer pulling you over or not.
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    NRA Firearms Instructor

Check out ItsTime2A you can thank me later

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. - George Washington

unmarked cruisers should NOT be used for traffic stops..... especially @ night.

i would not pull over for unmarked cruiser in BFE / backwoods.

according to the report, he has a blue light on roof of his car...usually real LEO lights are incorporated in the front grill. He approaches the car, motions he has a gun in pocket and for her to hand over the money.
    At this point, it doesn't matter if he's real or not, it's an armed robbery.
    Master Electrician, MA, NH, CT
    GOAL Board of Directors
    NRA Life, Goal Life
    National Society Sons of the American Revolution
    Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War

Justice Scalia, writing for the majority, determined that, ďThe Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia.Ē

Quote Originally Posted by Palladin View Post
    according to the report, he has a blue light on roof of his car...usually real LEO lights are incorporated in the front grill. He approaches the car, motions he has a gun in pocket and for her to hand over the money.
    At this point, it doesn't matter if he's real or not, it's an armed robbery.
    Yeah, but you just let him get up on top of you with an engine that is now off, a gun that you dared not get your hand near and god knows what other disadvantages the situation begets. It's like home intruders screaming police as they enter the door. They get the advantage and they know it.
    In life, if you don't risk something, you risk everything.
    *Support Comm2A in the fight to protect MA gun rights in the courts.*
    Follow Comm2A on Twitter and Facebook
    The above post does not reflect the opinions of any organization I may be associated with. IANAL

Quote Originally Posted by terraformer View Post
    Yeah, but you just let him get up on top of you with an engine that is now off, a gun that you dared not get your hand near and god knows what other disadvantages the situation begets. It's like home intruders screaming police as they enter the door. They get the advantage and they know it.
    It's worse in a traffic stop. I know I'm not a criminal, so anyone breaking into my house must be a criminal, no matter what they say.

But a traffic stop can happen to anybody, so you risk a fake LEO robbing or killing you, or, you can drive around looking for a better / safe place to stop and/or call the police all at the risk of pissing off a cop who has a lot of arbitrary power to make your life miserable.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast