Default How to break in your barrel for ar-15 rifle?

I am in the process of purchasing a stag arms model 2 ar-15 rifle. The question I have is what is the best way to break in the barrel? I have heard mixed answers on this question and wanted to get the response from other NES members. The most common answers I have heard are:
    a) shoot a lot of rounds down range
    b) after every three rounds use a bore snake and clean out the barrel. Do this for the first hundred rounds to prevent from copper deposits building up.
    Thank you for your help in advance.

Clean it. Lubricate it. Shoot it. Repeat.

You have a basic AR-15, not a long-range competition rifle.

On my Rock River Arms ar. They said you don't have to break them in. Just shot it.

Breaking in an ar-15 should look like this:

Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ has made us free and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. - Galatians 5:1, King James Bible

i have the model 8, it's chrome lined

there is no break in. i end up rebarreling my match ARs at least once a season, and my breakin consists of the 10-20 rounds it takes to get the front sight base re-aligned and centered up, and another 88 rounds the following weekend (I just shoot a match with it....those "break in" matches have been some of the best scores i've ever shot too)
    When it comes down to it, it's all just a matter of physics.
    NRA HighPowerRifle, Across the Course and MidRangeProne - HighMaster
    CMP Distinguished Rifleman #2088, Presidents 100

Pull the damned trigger.
    Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer and thus any interpretation or statements about the law that I might make should be taken with a grain of salt and mixed with your own legal research as well as advice from actual legal counsel. I cannot be held responsible if you find yourself somebody's "friend" in federal, state, or local prison should you act on my opinions on the law. My interpretations of the law will generally be on the conservative side.

Rock River does indeed say to just shoot it. If it makes you feel better, shoot groups of 5 rounds and clean it with a wet patch followed by a few dry patches until they come out mostly clean. Keep doing this ( five shot groups) until the wet patch isn't that dirty. What your looking for is to fill in the porosity of the barrel. After that, you want to clean out the barrel but not so well that roughness of the porosity comes back. I learning the hard one on this one! It only needs to be so clean!

Shoot it. Throw it in the dirt. Toss in the back of your truck uncased. Breaking in barrels is a myth.
    Tier 37 operator

MBarger Music Works

What they said.

Also some reading on the matter:
    http://www.6mmbr.com/gailmcmbreakin.html