Default Secret Service vehicle break-in puts Palm Beach County man behind bars

Cleveland Cooley Jr. apparently didn’t suspect that he was messing with the U.S. Secret Service. Cooley, 36, of Riviera Beach, who has been locked up since March, told court officials he has 16 children under the age of 18. He said he has been unemployed since 2003 due to health problems. He also has an extensive history of arrests. “Defendants criminal history begins at age 19 and continues largely uninterrupted through the present time. He has been arrested 35 times over a 17-year period. He has prior convictions for possession of cocaine, loitering or prowling, reckless driving, organized scheme to defraud, grand theft from a person 65 years of age or older, fraudulent use of personal identification information, disorderly intoxication, trespassing, sale of cocaine, assault, domestic battery, resisting officer without violence, and driving without a valid license,” U.S. Magistrate Judge Dave Lee Brannon wrote earlier this year, ordering that he should remain jailed. Cooley faces a maximum punishment of 10 years in prison when he is sentenced by U.S. District Judge Kenneth Marra later this month in federal court in West Palm Beach.
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/pa...601-story.html

You would think that a U.S. SS vehicle with that type of equipment in it would have a sophisticated break-in alarm system that would signal immediately that it was being compromised. I guess not.

"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." (Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787, in Papers of Jefferson, ed. Boyd et al.)

Another example of SS leaving computers in their vehicles. I don't even leave my smartphone in my car. Haven't they ever heard of a smash n grab?

Quote Originally Posted by snax View Post
    Another example of SS leaving computers in their vehicles. I don't even leave my smartphone in my car. Haven't they ever heard of a smash n grab?
    If your car gets broken into and your phone stolen it costs you money. Why would they give a ****.
    Using Tapatalk

That guy sounds like a real upstanding citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by GoodWillHunting View Post
    That guy sounds like a real upstanding citizen.
    This^

Unemployed since 2003 and has 16 kids under the age of 18.

I wonder who's supporting all those kids and their mothers ???

"Politicians Are Like Diapers.
    They Should Be Changed Often.
    And For The Same Reason"

Quote Originally Posted by Zappa View Post
    This^

Unemployed since 2003 and has 16 kids under the age of 18.

I wonder who's supporting all those kids and their mothers ???
    Well Zappa - YOU are.
    And I am.
    And every other taxpayer is.

Does that make you feel good this morning as you drink your coffee and go to work?
    {71}
    NRA Lifetime Member and RSO