Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Anyone into air guns?

A friend of mine just opened a air gun range in Hudson Ma. John and his wife also run the charity Adrews Helping Hands and you may have seen his portable air gun range at local events. http://www.newenglandairgun.com/

Westfield sportsmans club had a range for kids and airguns for a while. Guess it wasn't a big hit cuz now its overgrown and about to be bulldozed into a shotgun range if I remember correctly.
    I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it

I love my air guns.
    Especially my old vintage pumpers. The 22 Cal crosman 140/1400 are great. Better built than most 22s rimfire now. My favorite is a1968.
    Also have some of the classics 880, 760, red ryder
    I also have a benjiman discovery hpa another fun accurate gun for the money.
    I think to many associate air guns with typical cheap bb guns from walmart and don't consider the need or desire to shoot them....
    Glad to see them open a range though. Good for them may get some young generations shooting.

I have a bb gun with burst mode. Does that count?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeInMA View Post
    I have a bb gun with burst mode. Does that count?
    I want one. I'm happy with my remington 22 break open with scope. Has solid wood and its pretty damn accurate

I wish them luck, I have a few old air guns I shoot in my yard, Crossman 760 and an original Red Ryder.
    Your future depends on many things, but mostly on you.

Quote Originally Posted by mpkeelee View Post
    Westfield sportsmans club had a range for kids and airguns for a while. Guess it wasn't a big hit cuz now its overgrown and about to be bulldozed into a shotgun range if I remember correctly.
    When a range officer at Westfield asked my friend and I to leave the shotgun range because the police were shooting 2 ranges down we spoke about the metal awning that is there is going to be moved from what was the air gun range he said no one shot air guns there anymore. From our conversation it sounded like they used to have big air gun matches there but there is no longer any interested in air guns.

Ya they did. They had it all measured out to strange distances so the kids could have their competitions. I guess it just died off.

And I wouldn't have moved, police can train and qualify with other people shooting.

When he came by we were actually moving to the rifle range anyway, but the 3 of us stood there for another hour or so BSing. He wasn't happy about asking us to move, but I asked if they were paying members and he told me no.

I never thought there would be a big interest but I guess there is some local Olympic type air gun shooters and it sounds like some if the ROTC and junior shooting teams are interested in training. With the cost and availability of .22 it might be a affordable option. Either way I'm putting the word out and I wish him luck.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast