Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Default Man arrested for loaded handgun in carry-on bag at Logan

H. L. Mencken

Reading the comments is a joke: "Artorius: You need to possess a federal license to travel interstate. Something that gun nuts conveniently forget in their travels."

Holy crap - do tell me more about this federal license you speak of! That would save me so much time dealing with individual states! /sarcasm

honest mistake -> lifetime felon.....seems fair
    ---
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -Benjamin Franklin

He drove up here with gun in bag! A bag I imagine he used during his stay here! And forgot it was there?! Moron!
    GOAL Member
    NRA Member
    MA LTC-A
    Utah Non res.

Quote Originally Posted by RYJ View Post
    He drove up here with gun in bag! A bag I imagine he used during his stay here! And forgot it was there?! Moron!
    Moron perhaps....but are you ready to cast a stone? Im pretty sure most of us have done stupid things....the punishment is waay too harsh here.
    ---
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -Benjamin Franklin

I've left a pocket knife in my backpack (carry-on) through airport security last year. Do you think I should be labeled a felon now as well? Irresponsible, yea probably ... but even still it didn't take down a plane.

With regards to the above story the airline should have made him check the bag and continue on his journey.
    Last edited by Jonny5; 03-18-2015 at 04:12 PM.

So help me to understand...

Which bank did this guy rob? Which child did he shoot? Who exactly did this guy harm?

The ONLY thing he did was violate a large number of state and federal firearms laws, many of which are unconstitutional to begin with. Passive/victimless crime at most.

Dumb not to know the laws or take them seriously enough? I guess. But then again I meet very few people who fully understand all of the potential laws involved. It is a patchwork quilt of nonsense that saves zero lives.

H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny5 View Post
    Reading the comments is a joke: "Artorius: You need to possess a federal license to travel interstate. Something that gun nuts conveniently forget in their travels."

Holy crap - do tell me more about this federal license you speak of! That would save me so much time dealing with individual states! /sarcasm
    The poster is probably a retired member of L.E. and is stating what he was told by his superiors when he retired many moons ago.

I've left a pocket knife in my backpack (carry-on) through airport security last year. Do you think I should be labeled a felon now as well? Irresponsible, yea probably ... but even still it didn't take down a plane.

With regards to the aboe story the airline should have made him check the bag and continue on his journey.
    Ha! Way back in the pre-pre-pre-TSA days, when I was just a wise-ass teenager, I was stopped at the airline check in because I had a switchblade in my carry-on bag. When the person showed me what she had found I laughed and asked her "what do you think I'm going to do with that? Hijack a plane?" You should have seen them all squirm. She told me to never say "hijack" in an airport" and then allowed me to continue on my way, with the switchblade transferred to my checked baggage, of course.

H. L. Mencken

NES Member

Artoris is now claiming that he possesses the magical license. Upon further reading, it looks like he is claiming to be an FFL and that is his license??? He must work for one of the LGS's that have been outed here for having employees who give wrong information and swear it is fact....lol
    It is not common sense...it is an unconstitutional infringement upon my rights.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast