Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

Default 9th Circuit - "Good Cause" Requirement Unconstitutional

2-1 decision overturning the district court in Peruta v. Gore (San Diego County)

Getting interesting..... We now have an official circuit split (I think).
    Last edited by Knuckle Dragger; 02-14-2014 at 02:46 PM. Reason: More acurate thread title
    How do you eat an elephant?

"to keep and bear"​ seems so simple...

That depends on what you think the meaning of the word "is" is?
    "You people don't seem to understand. I don't support the Second Amendment... the Second Amendment supports ME!"

Quote Originally Posted by cekim View Post
    That depends on what you think the meaning of the word "is" is?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo...uffalo_buffalo

eventually the antis will be using a similar level of wordplay on us.
    stout: these dark, rich beers are called such because after drinking a dozen of them you will feel stout enough to wrestle all four of the cops by yourself.

proud member: lady liberty eskimo brothers crew - mai tai and squid-vomiting champion, 2013 - immer rein und raus - team "protect the children" - team "CORNELL SUCKS". team damaging personal insults absorbed.

DJ "goathammer wubstep jam remixed by nero and skrillex (bassnectar mix)"

9th ? ... Aren't they the famous Left Wing Circuit ?

Quote Originally Posted by fubar View Post
    Oddly yes. They have a very bad track record of having their rulings overturned by SCOTUS.

That being said, I think this bodes well for us. The current SCOTUS should be inclined to side with bearing arms outside the home.

Love it
    Master Electrician, MA, NH, CT
    GOAL Board of Directors
    NRA Endowment Member, Goal Life member
    NSSAR member, SUVCW Member

Justice Scalia, writing for the majority, determined that, ďThe Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia.Ē

I was reading on cal guns, a poster on the site said the 9th district covers Hawaii too. Does this ruling only affect San Diego, or does it go to Hawaii? If it does, then that should get interesting since Hawaii has more B.S. laws than mass.

On an unrelated note, before I forget again, this has been bugging me for a while.... can someone tell me what Comm2A's logo is supposed to represent?
    NRA, GOAL, Comm2A, SAF, JPFO, GOA, WSC
    "To summarize: it is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it. To summarize the summary: anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job. To summarize the summary of the summary: people are a problem." - Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by fubar View Post
    It's more appropriate to think of the 9th by their nick-name - The "9th Circus". There are 29 active judges that when put into groups of three are capable of doing anything. They are the most over-turned circuit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Garden12 View Post
    I was reading on cal guns, a poster on the site said the 9th district covers Hawaii too. Does this ruling only affect San Diego, or does it go to Hawaii? If it does, then that should get interesting since Hawaii has more B.S. laws than mass.
    The ruling would apply to the ENTIRE 9th circuit. But remember, the same panel also has under advisement two other similar, but different, RTC cases. We won't know the whole picture until those come out.
    How do you eat an elephant?

Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast