Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Default Excise Tax? Why do we pay this?

So I got my excise tax bill in for my car, and it got me wondering where the hell was this tax dreamt up and where does the money go for it. Anyone care to chime in?
    NRA Life Member
    GOAL Member
    GOA Member
    Comm2a contributor

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the people's liberty's teeth."
    - George Washington

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    - Thomas Jefferson

“Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms (of government) those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny”

“The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government”

If you live in Massachusetts protect your 2nd Amendment rights and donate... Comm2a.org

To fix all the potholes in Fall River.

Wait they are still there how can this be?
    Last edited by blindndead; 04-21-2011 at 12:07 PM.
    "Good! If that shithole wants to take it full retard I say let it rain! Where's my Slayer album?" whatluck

Quote Originally Posted by blindndead View Post
    To fix all the potholes in Fall River.
    how do you fix potholes in a river?

??? how??

EASY:
    Begin the project by removing all the loose pieces of concrete from the hole. Wearing safety goggles, use a cold chisel and a sledgehammer to chop out the crumbling concrete and cut down to sound concrete, roughening the interior surface of the hole. Angle the chisel to undercut the edges of the hole, so that the hole is wider across the bottom than it is across the top. Remove large chunks of broken concrete and sweep out the hole with a stiff broom; flush it thoroughly with water from a garden hose. Then remove standing water with a sponge.

Mix ready-mix concrete according to the manufacturer's instructions; use sand mix for small holes and gravel mix for large or deep ones. Pour the dry mix into a sturdy wheelbarrow and add water; mix the concrete thoroughly with a shovel.

When the concrete is ready to use, quickly pour liquid concrete bonding agent into the hole. Following the manufacturer's instructions and working quickly, spread the bonding agent evenly over the entire inside surface of the hole with a stiff paintbrush; be sure to coat the undercut corners completely. Clean the paintbrush immediately with water.

Fill the prepared hole before the bonding agent dries. Shovel concrete into the hole and trowel it into place, pressing firmly to pack the opening completely full. Mound the surface of the patch slightly above the level of the surrounding concrete and then tamp it firmly down with the back of the shovel. If necessary, add more concrete and tamp again to pack the hole densely.

But thats just me.
    Last edited by blindndead; 04-21-2011 at 12:12 PM.
    "Good! If that shithole wants to take it full retard I say let it rain! Where's my Slayer album?" whatluck

D, I don't think so wrt auto excise tax in MA. IIRC, the money stays with the city/town you have your cars/motorcycle/boat/trailer registered in.
    Mass. Gun Laws By and For Non-Lawyers (How To Stay Legal and Out of Trouble) - Seminar
    http://home.comcast.net/~safety-instructor

NRA Certified Instructor and Range Officer

We have met the enemy and he is US!

How else can I park in my own driveway???
    Just call me Carl.

I started with nothing, I still have most of it left.

Some people will bitch because the sun came up.

Excise tax is a tax on personal property, at least thats how the town views it. The town actually sends forms for businesses to fill out asking about the property owned by the business so they can tax it.

I just got thru spending a year on my towns finance committee. I'm sorry to reaffirm this for you all, but we *are* living in a comunist state. No question about it. If you think that you have control of your tax dollars at town meeting....you dont!

Quote Originally Posted by SteelShooter View Post
    So I got my excise tax bill in for my car, and it got me wondering where the hell was this tax dreamt up and where does the money go for it. Anyone care to chime in?

Quote Originally Posted by blindndead View Post
    ??? how??

EASY:
    Begin the project by removing all the loose pieces of concrete from the hole. Wearing safety goggles, use a cold chisel and a sledgehammer to chop out the crumbling concrete and cut down to sound concrete, roughening the interior surface of the hole. Angle the chisel to undercut the edges of the hole, so that the hole is wider across the bottom than it is across the top. Remove large chunks of broken concrete and sweep out the hole with a stiff broom; flush it thoroughly with water from a garden hose. Then remove standing water with a sponge.

Mix ready-mix concrete according to the manufacturer's instructions; use sand mix for small holes and gravel mix for large or deep ones. Pour the dry mix into a sturdy wheelbarrow and add water; mix the concrete thoroughly with a shovel.

When the concrete is ready to use, quickly pour liquid concrete bonding agent into the hole. Following the manufacturer's instructions and working quickly, spread the bonding agent evenly over the entire inside surface of the hole with a stiff paintbrush; be sure to coat the undercut corners completely. Clean the paintbrush immediately with water.

Fill the prepared hole before the bonding agent dries. Shovel concrete into the hole and trowel it into place, pressing firmly to pack the opening completely full. Mound the surface of the patch slightly above the level of the surrounding concrete and then tamp it firmly down with the back of the shovel. If necessary, add more concrete and tamp again to pack the hole densely.

But thats just me.
    sounds way to efficient for government

This pisses me off every year.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast