Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Quote Originally Posted by cekim View Post
    Best Title Ever!
    That's why I had to post it up.

Quote Originally Posted by cekim View Post
    Best Title Ever!
    And here's to seeing it more often!
    In life, if you don't risk something, you risk everything.
    *Support Comm2A in the fight to protect MA gun rights in the courts.*
    Follow Comm2A on Twitter and Facebook
    The above post does not reflect the opinions of any organization I may be associated with. IANAL

So, have any licenses been issued yet? Or at least, have any licenses been applied for yet?

I would guess that folks are waiting to find out if the commonwealth appeals. They have a limited amount of time to do so.

That's correct. The Commonwealth has 30 days to file notice of appeal. Our plaintiffs have their applications ready to go and will be submitting them as soon as we pass the appeal window or the Commonwealth notifies us that they won't be appealing.

We're also in contact with a large number of similarly affected individuals and are helping them to prepare their applications together. We'll be watching these applicants very closely to make sure that they are treated no differently than a US citizen would be treated.
    How do you eat an elephant?

When does the 30 days expire? It has been what, a week and a couple days so far?

Any idea if a license issued to a resident alien who later becomes a citizen,would the resident alien license still be valid or would they be to reapply? I have a friend who should be citizen within a few months, and wondering if he should just apply after the citizenship is done.

Quote Originally Posted by 11_fingers View Post
    Any idea if a license issued to a resident alien who later becomes a citizen,would the resident alien license still be valid or would they be to reapply? I have a friend who should be citizen within a few months, and wondering if he should just apply after the citizenship is done.
    None of this is knowable at this point but I imagine there will be no problem if he applies when we green light resident alien applications.
    In life, if you don't risk something, you risk everything.
    *Support Comm2A in the fight to protect MA gun rights in the courts.*
    Follow Comm2A on Twitter and Facebook
    The above post does not reflect the opinions of any organization I may be associated with. IANAL

Quote Originally Posted by terraformer View Post
    None of this is knowable at this point but I imagine there will be no problem if he applies when we green light resident alien applications.
    Thanks terra, that is what I figured just wanted to make sure I didn't miss it in my reading
    Last edited by 11_fingers; 04-12-2012 at 07:21 PM.

This chief is the same guy trying to shut down ranges in Northborough, right? Can anything be made of him having a history of civil rights violations?
    "Time to put the Government Beast back into the Constitutional Cage"

In capitalist America, bank robs you! Donald Trump came up with a saying like: " When you owe the bank 100,000 the bank owns you. But when you owe the bank 100,000,000, you own the bank."

"If you ever want to know what a person thinks of a law, make it apply to them."

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728