Default Snow plowing with Jeep Wrangler

Looking for some advise from you seasoned plow guys, if a jeep wrangler is a decent driveway rig to plow with. I do not intend to plow commercial with this vechicle, and I do not wast a 3/4 ton pick up. This vechicle will be a daily driver and because I have 2 kids, this wrangler will probably be a 4 door sahara or rubicon. If I purchased this jeep, I would put a Fisher HT snow plow on it. Intended use is for mine and my family's driveways. Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

I vote Subaru.

Quote Originally Posted by theGringo View Post
    I vote Subaru.

Quote Originally Posted by kiver View Post

Ummm, yeah.
    Licensed Journeyman.

Quote Originally Posted by theGringo View Post
    I vote Subaru.

I saw the other thread on the wrangler. Lol. Passing on the Subaru. Mainly because nothing in their vehicle line up is equipped to plow snow.

Navy Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ramair2k View Post
    Looking for some advise from you seasoned plow guys, if a jeep wrangler is a decent driveway rig to plow with. I do not intend to plow commercial with this vechicle, and I do not wast a 3/4 ton pick up. This vechicle will be a daily driver and because I have 2 kids, this wrangler will probably be a 4 door sahara or rubicon. If I purchased this jeep, I would put a Fisher HT snow plow on it. Intended use is for mine and my family's driveways. Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks
    I've been thinking the same thing...I have a 99 2-door TJ and have been wondering the same thing...I saw a guy the other day at the pumps gassing his jeep (we do that often in these things ) and he had a plow attached to his. I asked him how he liked it. He said it easily outplowed his one ton truck...but, you have to keep up with the snow...trying to plow three feet of heavy snow is tough.
    So next winter I'm thinking about putting a plow on it (and driving the MPG even lower what with pushing a flat plow through the air).

Quote Originally Posted by ramair2k View Post

Thanks
    Why not just put a utility trailer and a big snowblower on it? Plows suck for most driveways unless they're enormous. You chew up the grass, if there's a garage, there's always that mound of s**t left behind to clean up, and they can't do sidewalks. You have to get the cars out of the driveway, too, if they're snowed in, for the plow to be of any use.

-Mike

Quote Originally Posted by drgrant View Post
    Why not just put a utility trailer and a big snowblower on it? Plows suck for most driveways unless they're enormous. You chew up the grass, if there's a garage, there's always that mound of s**t left behind to clean up, and they can't do sidewalks. You have to get the cars out of the driveway, too, if they're snowed in, for the plow to be of any use.

-Mike
    All good point, BUT I live in the city, so no grass to worry about unless it's in the back yard. I have a snow blower as do others in my family but they are all getting older and I have a bad back. Looking to get something to ease the pain of old man winter. Yes you do have to play musical cars, but I still think it's worth it.

I use an old Jeep Wrangler to do my driveway, and sometimes my neighbors -- I have almost 200' of driveway, most of that is straight, and it works great for me. But you have to keep up on it, especially with that much driveway. I strategically park my vehicles the night before a snowstorm to make it easier. I use that Jeep strictly for plowing in the winter and for the beach in the summer (although I have a Liberty and my wife has a Commander.) Check out Drinkwater Trailer sales in Pembroke, they sell a 7' Jeep plow (non-hydraulic) for $1,500 installed - tell Debbie I said hello -- she lives across the pond from me. Over the past ten years it has saved me a lot of time, energy, and money.