Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NES Member

Default Why not using the lojack system in the gun ?

i was thinking as mordern day all the cars have had gps tracking aka lojack system to track down stolen cars. Why We don't use that to design for rifle arms so the criminals can't use your own gun to commit a crime if it got stolen so cops could track them down. Instead of hearing this " Sorry, we can't help you " or this " ok we will get it back to you in 5 mins " ...

Not on any of my guns you don't (and this is hardly a new idea... it's been floated around before).

If it gets stolen... it gets stolen.

I'd rather chalk it up as a loss than let LEO know its whereabouts.

Even if it's recovered by the PD, good luck getting it back.

Really? Just give it up already.
    Just call me Carl.

I started with nothing, I still have most of it left.

Some people will bitch because the sun came up!

Quote Originally Posted by vietboy1st View Post
    i was thinking as mordern day all the cars have had gps tracking aka lojack system to track down stolen cars. Why We don't use that to design for rifle arms so the criminals can't use your own gun to commit a crime if it got stolen so cops could track them down. Instead of hearing this " Sorry, we can't help you " or this " ok we will get it back to you in 5 mins " ...
    Registration is the first step in confiscation. Read that and then re-read it over and over again. Ponder it and ponder it some more.

Look back in history and every time anything has ever been confiscated, it has been registered first (including jews, the japanese, guns, etc)

Putting a tracking device on anything is an invasion of privacy. Especially if the govt has access to it.

The big assumption you make is that those who have access to the tracking system are good people and will pass on their responsibility to good people...and will always and without exception use it for only the purpose it was intended for and absolutely nothing else.

Even our US Census has been used to assist in identifying people for unlawful imprisonment (Japanese internment camps) as well as identify people for zoning violations. However, the Census was only supposed to be designed to be a count of people and nothing more.

That's a nah dude on that one there guy.

Even if it were a good idea (which it's not,) where would you put the battery and transmitter? And how would you keep the battery charged? Think man.....

Trolling?

Look here you jackass, GPS doesn't work like that.

GPS is one way. You can only receive GPS signal. You then need to take those GPS coordinates and transmit them to a base, like lo-jack. The only problem is cars have active power sources, where a gun doesn't.

The very fact that you are suggesting this is bewildering.

Go troll somewhere else. Nobody likes this crap.

ETA: IBTL
    Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ has made us free and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. - Galatians 5:1, King James Bible

Quote Originally Posted by TomH View Post
    Trolling?
    200+ posts
    13(100%) Feedback

Doesn't seem so... but the taste it leaves in my mouth is eerily similar

To the OP please edit your post and delete everything you wrote and post a video or a picture from GirlsandGuns.com you may be forgiven
    Last edited by Mustad; 09-09-2010 at 01:29 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast