NES Member

Default Levang linear brake, PWS CQB, or PWS FSC556?

I'm looking for a couple of brakes for a carbine and a rifle build, and I'm torn between the FSC556, the Levang, and the newer PWS CQB comp. My current brake is a generic 3-slot type like this that does little to no good when compared side by side with a bare muzzle of the same length.

Everything I've heard about the FSC556 in terms of felt recoil reduction, muzzle climb, and flash reduction is great, and the online videos are pretty impressive, but I'm willing to take a slight increase in recoil if it comes along with a significant decrease in perceived sound for the shooter. (I don't care if it lights the table next to me on fire, so long as it decreases the sound where I'm sitting.)

Which is where the Levang and CQB come in...How quiet are they, really? Anyone have experience with two or more of these, especially in a carbine length AR?

I know that the FSC556 has that wonderful letter from the BATF that says it's not a flash hider. The Levang definitely isn't one. So that leaves me wondering if the CQB is or isn't. Maybe I should just dismantle the house and move it over the border.
    What is this garbage? I want to watch the news.
    This is the news.
    NYSRPA || Comm2A || GOAL - Donate!
    It's Time - Get Organized!

I didn't think there was much of a difference in the sound levels while shooting with the levang. There may be a huge difference for the people on the side of you though.

Check out the Battlecomp. It is more money, but the video's on the website show you why.

I love mine.

if you are looking to reduce recoil, think of it as a complete system and not just the muzzle brake
    http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/signaturepics/sigpic296_3.gif

The Levang does a pretty good job of pushing the sound forward. Compared to an A2 cage it does pretty darn good. Mind you these were designed to shoot as much of the sound, pressure and flame forward towards your target as possible. Also there is they Troy Industries Claymore that is basically a Levang with a glass breaker crown.

Personally I run a FSC556 on my guns. Yes they throw quite a bit out to the sides but to be honest I don't notice it from directly behind the gun.

If you really want something to push it all forward then I would suggest a Noveske but I think they are prohibited in MA.