PDA

View Full Version : LTC application...can it be turned in before 21st bday?

dukefan70
05-13-2009, 10:54 AM
Gonna be 21 soon, and I was wondering if I have to wait until my birthday to turn in a LTC application or if there was any amount ahead of time I could turn it in. Or is that kind of thing decided by local PD?

kriggity
05-13-2009, 11:19 AM
Gonna be 21 soon, and I was wondering if I have to wait until my birthday to turn in a LTC application or if there was any amount ahead of time I could turn it in. Or is that kind of thing decided by local PD?

I don't know if it's a state thing but in my town you can't. The LEO won't except an app unless you are 21. Period.[thinking]

GLOCK.Perfection
05-13-2009, 11:27 AM
I'm almost positive the answer is no. It was discussed here not too long ago, and I think Len explained why it cant be turned in early IIRC

richc
05-13-2009, 12:05 PM
Can one take the required course before the age of 21 and still have it count for the license?

My daughter turns 21 next month and will likely apply for her license.

Thanks,

Rich

bostonasphalt2
05-13-2009, 12:20 PM
Can one take the required course before the age of 21 and still have it count for the license?

My daughter turns 21 next month and will likely apply for her license.

Thanks,

Rich

Yes she should be all set.

Len-2A Training
05-13-2009, 02:13 PM
Short version:

Since it is "applied for" by the officer/clerk inputting the data to the MIRCS system, the date of application (for a new LTC) will be the date that the officer/clerk inputs the data. If that date is pre-21, you will get an automated rejection as being ineligible and perhaps have to pay an additional $100 after your B'day to re-apply.

Why not make an appt with the PD to submit it ON your B'day?

Yes, the course can be taken prior to turning 21.

trophygrl
05-13-2009, 04:20 PM
since you have to sign and date it-- and that would be prior to the 21st birthday, you would have to admit that you are under 21 making you inelligeble or you are technically lying if you say yes i would imagine...

but what do i know? [laugh]