PDA

View Full Version : Better than a racking shotgun, have your landlord yell at the bad guys!

George D
05-05-2011, 03:56 PM
http://www.wpri.com/dpp/news/massachusetts/3-arrested-on-fairhaven%2C-mass.-break-in

I used to live there, its a 1/2 mile dirt driveway with a few houses in a little compound. Not sure how these idiots thought they could sneak in. Once out of the driveway, there is only one road in or out of the peninsula.

"The trio was arrested after it was reported they attempted to break into 101 Windswept Drive on Tuesday, May 3rd just after midnight. While the breaking and entering was in progress, three tenants at the residence were at home and called 911 and their landlord, who lives next door.

While on the phone, the landlord saw the men dressed in dark clothing lurking around the property, but when he yelled at them, all three ran off to a waiting vehicle.

Luckily, Fairhaven Police stopped the car before it was able to get far enough away, which was when Swallow, Severino, and Straight were placed under arrest and taken into custody.

Officers found a loaded .45 caliber handgun with unidentifiable serial numbers, an electronic stun gun, 4 spring-loaded switchblade knives, ski masks, gloves, and handcuffs when they searched the 1999 Toyota Avalon the suspects tried to make off in."

Tommy Gun
05-05-2011, 04:28 PM
I'm sure they are fine upstanding members of society. But seriously what the hell were they planning?

GrayHorizon
05-05-2011, 04:30 PM
The article said it was retaliation for a fight that happened in Providence on St Patrick's Day.

HorizontalHunter
05-05-2011, 04:32 PM
Officers found a loaded .45 caliber handgun with unidentifiable serial numbers, an electronic stun gun, 4 spring-loaded switchblade knives, ski masks, gloves, and handcuffs when they searched the 1999 Toyota Avalon the suspects tried to make off in."

I guess that they had pretty much decided on how they were going to handle anyone they ran into. What really sucks is that they are probably back on the street by now.

Bob

Eta-Carinae
05-05-2011, 04:45 PM
You missed the best part.

20-year-old Richard Swallow and 26-year-old Enrique Severino of Providence and 23-year-old Michael Straight of Southborough, Mass. were all arrested after a breaking and entering in progress was reported to police.

Richard Swallow.

Ma$$hole
05-05-2011, 04:58 PM
Mr. Dick Swallow. It all makes sense why that youth is so troubled. His parents hated him. It all makes sense now.

rwl1955
05-05-2011, 05:02 PM
Brilliant!

George D
05-05-2011, 05:10 PM

Richard Swallow.

That explains why he brings along Michael Straight, to dispel any rumors about him and Enrique. [laugh]

william_munny
05-05-2011, 05:12 PM
[rofl] at the names.

George D
05-06-2011, 06:25 PM
I haven't lived there in 18 years but apparently the town has changed quite a bit. The guy that sent me the article said his house has been broken into twice.

Palladin
05-06-2011, 08:15 PM
jesus

WanMan99
05-06-2011, 08:37 PM

Richard Swallow.

His new prison name will be his real name.....