PDA

View Full Version : Robert's Reloading Software

Glasgow Grin
06-21-2010, 09:55 PM
I recently downloaded this "free" reloading software from the web. Folk on another site had left positive feedback on it. However, what I soon found was that the program contains a Trojan Horse Virus. After dowloading and installing this program on my computer, I got a popup that told me that the program needed Microsoft Runtime 2007 to operate. I then clicked on the download. Well, fast forward a week or so. I got a call from each of my crecit card companies, and a bill from Apple Itunes. Some scumbag stole my information via my computer with a Trojan Horse. They purchased a bunch of stupid software downloads, and a Vietnamese to English dictionary program. I just wanted to share this so it doesn't happen to anyone else.

Rob Boudrie
06-21-2010, 10:23 PM
Have you proven this was the source? It is very common for applications to require the Microsoft Visual Studio Runtime (sometimes referred to as the Visual Studio redistributable). I'm not saying that Robert's Reloading is not the culprit; just that the request to download the Microsoft runtime is not necessarily indicative of a virus and is, in many cases, a perfectly legitimate requirement (although it's more common just to package the redistributable with the installable package in which the software is distributed)