WTS Tao Tao 125cc kids atv quad one running/one parts - Hampden MA

Malibru

NES Member
Location: Hampden, MA (can travel to meet you , have small trailer to meet you within reason, Palmer, Wilbraham, Monson, etc)

I have a Tao Tao brand kids 125cc atv/quad for sale, engine runs (needs jump start), electric start, automatic. Newer tires, quite a few newer parts. That's the good. Now for the bad: The forward/neutral/reverse shifter lever is broken off. Machine is stuck in forward gear. It actually runs just fine this way, my little guy was able to use it all last summer.

The rest of the story: I bought two of these brand new about six years ago. I installed new rear sprockets to be able to handle hills better, lots of replacement parts. These chinese machines are not for the faint of heart and you need mechanical skills to work on them a bit. There are many sites like vmc parts and I was able to source everything from carbs to control arms. Kids have now outgrown them. The second machine is included if you want it as a spare parts donor. If not, she goes to the metal bin. Same common problem, the shift lever broke off. On that machine I pulled the entire engine case apart to replace it, not expensive but lots of time. And by the end of the season my son broke it again. So that machine went into donor status, too much effort to pull engine out again.

The running atv works fine in forward. I just don't want to pull engine apart to fix it, no time for that now and kids outgrew machines. I plugged the shifter shaft hole, filled with oil and it worked just fine. I also have a box full of new parts to go with these. New carbs, starter, sprockets, plug wire, coils. I used to keep lots on hand to keep them running! A new carb every year for cheap was an easy fix.

You could use this as a good learner machine for a youngster, see how it fits them etc. Runs pretty fast too and you can screw down the throttle to slow it down.

The best news: If we can figure out a pickup/meetup, and you're willing to tinker on it, you can probably get a summer or two out of this. Take the parts atv too, extra parts and you can keep one running. I just want someone who can use it or help teach a kid mechanical work. That's what I did.
Price: $200 takes it all. Venmo, cash, we can figure it out.

Thanks for looking and PM me if interested. 20240406_130448.jpg 20240406_130456.jpg 20240406_130503.jpg

Back
Top Bottom